Posted to dev@edgent.apache.org by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org> on 2017/03/02 14:17:18 UTC

Subject: [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

1.1.0-incubating/rc1 has been staged under [3] and it’s time to vote
on accepting it for release.  If approved we will seek final
release approval from the IPMC.

Voting will be open for 72hr.

A minimum of 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 than binding -1
are required to pass.

Per [4] "Before voting +1 [P]PMC members are required to download
the signed source code package, compile it as provided, and test
the resulting executable on their own platform, along with also
verifying that the package meets the requirements of the ASF policy
on releases."

You can achieve the above by following [5].

[ ]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [5])
[ ]  -1 reject (explanation required)

Apache Edgent release process documentation:  [1] and [2].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/A+guide+to+the+Apache+Edgent+release+process
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Release+Manager's+Guide
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/edgent/
[4] https://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[5] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDGENT/Staged+RC+Validation

Thanks in advance!
— Dale

Re: Subject: [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Susan Cline <ho...@pacbell.net>.
+1:

I went through all the steps at Staged RC Validation [5], except for the Release manager tasks.

Nice job, it all worked well.

Susan

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org>.
The vote to accept RC1 passed with 4 +1 PMC/PPMC votes and no dissenting votes

+1 Queenie Ma
+1 Dale LaBossiere
+1 Victor Dogaru
+1 Susan Cline

Thanks to all who voted!
On to the next step - IPMC Release Approval VOTE

Re: Subject: [VOTE] Apache Edgent 1.1.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Queenie Ma <qu...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 accept (performed the non-RM items at https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/EDGENT/Staged+RC+Validation on macOS Sierra 10.12.3)

All tests passed and the samples ran successfully. Looks great!

--
Queenie

Posted by Victor Dogaru <vd...@gmail.com>.
Built the release candidate and successfully ran the java8 test suite on
CentOS 7.2.

+1 accept

Posted by Dale LaBossiere <dl...@apache.org>.
[X]  +1 accept (indicate what you validated - e.g. performed the non-RM items in [5])

> I’ve performed everything in Staged RC Validation [2] including the RM tasks
> I’ve also tested / verified:
> - kafka connector tests and samples
> - jdbc connector tests and samples
> - iotp samples