Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by David Remy <dr...@bea.com> on 2004/02/02 05:44:35 UTC

[vote results] bugzilla to jira

It looks like we are pretty much unanimous on moving over to jira.  Domonique made a comment from the apache ant project below that we should keep in mind that it might not be as intiutive to enter a new bug report or do a query.  I went into jira and played around with it a bit and it seemed pretty easy to me but that's a pretty subjective thing.  Perhaps we can put something on the XMLBeans website on the community page that points to the bug tracking system that will give some hints to get started using jira.

I'll continue to work with Kevin Krouse on moving getting XmlBeans into jira and the existing bugzilla bugs moved over.

rem

bugzilla to jira vote results
-------- -- ---- ---- -------

+1 --> 7 Committers
       3 Contributors (non-binding)

-1 --> 0 Committers
       0 Contributors

Comment:
Dominique Devienne

Somebody posted on user@ant or dev@ant a long email about the fact that it's
not obvious with JIRA how to enter a new bug report or make a query, whereas
BugZilla was quite obvious and had a lot of online help links right where
one needs them to get going. Don't have a link, sorry.

Ant hasn't decided whether to go to JIRA yet. --DD