Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Volker Poplawski <vo...@atrics.de> on 2008/01/08 21:36:14 UTC

Transfer between repositories without admin

Hi all.

Is there a way to transfer a directory from one repository to another keeping
history without admin-rights? i.e. without file-access to the target rep.

I  basically want to do  the same as dump/load does but restricted to urls.

Regards
.....Volker

Re: Transfer between repositories without admin

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jan 8, 2008, at 15:36, Volker Poplawski wrote:

> Is there a way to transfer a directory from one repository to
> another keeping
> history without admin-rights? i.e. without file-access to the
> target rep.
>
> I  basically want to do  the same as dump/load does but restricted
> to urls.

No. You will need to svnadmin dump the one repository, svndumpfilter
to get just the part you want, then svnadmin load into the other
repository. You will need direct filesystem access to both
repositories to do this.