Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com> on 2002/06/18 20:49:06 UTC

classpath problem? maybe?

Hello,

      I am getting frustrated with this little jsp /javabean problem.  I hope
someone can steer me in the proper direction.

in my server.xml file I have set:

<Host className = "org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpHost"
                          name="testdomain.net"
                          debug="0"
                          appBase="/home/test/www/webapps"
                          unpackWARs="false" >

                             <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
                                directory="/home/test/tomcat-test-logs"
                                prefix="access-log"
                                pattern="common"/>

                             <Context path="manager" docBase="manager"
debug="0" privileged="true"/>
                             <Context path="webapps" docBase="webapps"
debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
                        </Host>

I created a test jsp file with the line

<jsp:useBean id="myBean" scope="page" class= "examples.bean1"/>

   The bean1.class file I have in /home/test/www/webapps/examples.

But when I call the page I get the error

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: examples.bean1

   It seems that everything else works for the site.  I created a war file of
the examples and everything seems to work.  Basic jsp pages work fine also.

     IT just when I created this bean I get errors.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions with this?  I am running tomcat 4.0.3 on
red hat with mod_webapp.

THanks for the help.

--chad