Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/07 12:09:15 UTC

[Axis2]hard beginning

hi all, i'm a new user and i try to learn about axis2

after installation and validation about axis2 i've tryed to launch examples
like 'version' and 'myservice' (from user guide) but these are my error
reports:

version

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

root cause

javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found

      javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

      org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.serialize_internal(
XmlSchema.java:214)

      org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.write(XmlSchema.java:200)

      org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService2OM.generateOM(
AxisService2OM.java:147)

      org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getWSDL(AxisService.java:553)

      org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java
:533)

      org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.processListService(
ListingAgent.java:144)

      org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.handle(ListingAgent.java
:89)

      org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java
:109)

      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)

and this is the error of 'myservice'

<error>
<description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
-
    <reason>
Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use message
receivers other than RPC.
</reason>
</error>

Why this? where i miss? may i install something like new libraries?

please help me. thanks.

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Posted by Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com>.
after many attempts an example given from this site
http://www.wso2.net/tutorials/axis2/java/2006/05/29/hello-world
seems to work<http://www.wso2.net/tutorials/axis2/java/2006/05/29/hello-world>
i don't know why.. :-) but i cant make working my client..

Now to we can compile and run the client code. Its is important to
note that the classpath must have all the jars in the "lib" directory
of the axis2-std-1.0-RC1-bin distribution when compiling and running
the client.

what? i haven't configured it.. how can i with my war file?

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
When system level calls from Java instantiate a TransformerFactory it needs a fully qualified class (e.g. TransformerFactoryImpl) to perform
the TransformerFactory functions..

Posted by Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> > javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service
> (HttpServlet.java:689)
> > >

> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> > >

> > > and this is the error of 'myservice'
>  > >
> > > <error>
> > > <description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
> > > -
> > >     <reason>
> > > Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use
> > message
> > > receivers other than RPC.
> > > </reason>
> > > </error>
> > >

> > > Why this? where i miss? may i install something like new libraries?
> > >
> > > please help me. thanks.
> > >

> > --
> > Paul Fremantle
> > VP/Technology, WSO2 and OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

Paul Fremantle

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Posted by Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com>.
ok doctor :-)

Re: [Axis2]hard beginning

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Ok next question.... which JDK?!

Paul

On 8/7/06, Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i've used Axis2 1.0 war file into webapps
>

> On 8/7/06, Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
>  Seems like the Xalan jar is missing. Which Axis2 install image did you use?
>

> On 8/7/06, Ignazio Anastasi <cr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi all, i'm a new user and i try to learn about axis2
> >
> > after installation and validation about axis2 i've tryed to launch
> examples
> > like 'version' and 'myservice' (from user guide) but these are my error
> > reports:
> >
> >  version
> >

> > type Exception report
> >
> > message
> >
> > description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
> > from fulfilling this request.
> >
> > exception
> >
> > javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
> >
> > root cause
> >
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError:
> > Provider
> org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
> > not found
> >

> javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown
> > Source)
> >

> org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.serialize_internal(XmlSchema.java:214)
>  >

> org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchema.write(XmlSchema.java:200)
> >

> org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService2OM.generateOM(AxisService2OM.java:147)
> >

> > org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.getWSDL
> (AxisService.java:553)
> >

> org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.printWSDL(AxisService.java:533)
> >

> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.processListService(ListingAgent.java
> :144)
> >

> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.ListingAgent.handle(ListingAgent.java:89)
> >

> org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:109)
> >

> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
> >

> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
> >

> > and this is the error of 'myservice'
> >
> > <error>
> > <description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
> > -
> >     <reason>
> > Either user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use
> message
> > receivers other than RPC.
> > </reason>
> > </error>
> >

> > Why this? where i miss? may i install something like new libraries?
> >
> > please help me. thanks.
> >

> --
> Paul Fremantle

>  paul@wso2.com