Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Yura Smolsky <in...@altervisionmedia.com> on 2006/09/15 22:11:19 UTC

Re[2]: ParallelMultiSearcher and docFreq

Hello, Ronald.

What I have found that nothing except createWeight uses that
docFreqs(Term[]) method...
Maybe I need to parallelize it... But I dont understand something.

When does Multisearcher.createWeight() is being called, b/c only this method
used docFreqs and this method creates HashMap of docFreqs of terms? Is
this method is being user for rewrite of query inside of
ParallelMultiSearher?

Also this method calls docFreqs of RemoteSearchables, I should be
receiving calls of docFreqs(Term[]) to the RemoteSearchable objects,
but I do not. Can somebody explain this?

And from which place am I receive those multiple calls of docFreq
method?

Thanks.

HRCLD> I understand...because I've experienced it.  I think the answer is to
HRCLD> 'parallelize' the docFreq process...and or try to make use of the
HRCLD> docFreq(Terms[]).  By passing an Array of Terms, you can avoid the 'call
HRCLD> per Term' per remote and just make a single docFreq call per remote.

HRCLD> You might have to extend the ParallelMultiSearcher and create a threaded
HRCLD> docFreq method.

--
Yura Smolsky,
http://altervisionmedia.com/