Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kaushal Shriyan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/14 14:28:02 UTC

Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.59 on CentOS 6.8 to handle 2k requests/second

Hi,

is there a way to configure tomcat to handle 2k requests/second (2k meaning
2000 requests per second). How many cpu cores do i need to setup tomcat to
handle 2k requests/second? How much physical memory the server should have?

Any guidelines or rule of thumb to be followed? Any help will be highly
appreciable.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Kaushal

RE: Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.59 on CentOS 6.8 to handle 2k requests/second

Posted by "Hedrick, Brooke - 43" <br...@rainhail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Apache Tomcat Version 7.0.59 on CentOS 6.8 to handle 2k requests/second

Posted by "Hedrick, Brooke - 43" <br...@rainhail.com>.
Posted by Kaushal Shriyan <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 14/11/2016 14:28, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to configure tomcat to handle 2k requests/second (2k meaning
> 2000 requests per second). How many cpu cores do i need to setup tomcat to
> handle 2k requests/second? How much physical memory the server should have?

That will depend on your application.

My laptop will easily handle 10 times that for a simple application. I
have seen much larger servers unable to handle more than a handful of
requests a second for a large, complex, poorly performing application.

> Any guidelines or rule of thumb to be followed? Any help will be highly
> appreciable.

Profile your application.

Mark