Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com> on 2015/01/17 00:31:35 UTC

Mod_jk Configuration

Current working setup:

apache 2.2 using mod_jk to pass 443 requests to tomcat on 8443.

We are migrating from SLES 11 SP3 to SLEs 12. On SLES 11 we use alfresco 5.0.c which includes tomact 7.x i believe. SLES 11 has apache 2.2.10. SLES 12 has apache 2.4 and we use the same version of alfresco on SLES 12 (tomcat 7.x). So i installed SLES 12, apache 2.4 and alfresco 5.0.c on a test server. I then followed the upgrading guide for apache 2.2 to 2.4. I copied the existing working config files from the alfresco tomact to the SLES 12 alfresco tomact. Restarted all apache/tomcat services and try to go to https://share2.domain.tld.<https://share2.domain.tld./> Chrome reports Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is even making it to apache or tomcat.

Here is mod_jk:

# simple configuration for apache (for AJP connector, modul mod_jk.so)

<IfModule mod_jk.c>

    JkWorkersFile /opt/alfresco/tomcat/workers.properties
    JkLogFile /var/log/alfresco/mod_jk.log
    JkShmFile /var/log/alfresco/shm

    # Log level to be used by mod_jk
    JkLogLevel error

    # The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
    <Location "/share/WEB-INF/">
    #AllowOverride None
    Require all denied
    </Location>
    #<Location "/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/">
    #AllowOverride None
    #deny from all
    #</Location>

</IfModule>

Here is worker.properties:

worker.list=jk-status
worker.jk-status.type=status
worker.jk-status.read_only=true

worker.list=jk-manager
worker.list=worker1
worker.jk-manager.type=status

worker.list=balancer
worker.balancer.type=lb
worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts=10

worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1
worker.worker1.reference=worker.template
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.activation=A
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.template.socket_keepalive=true
worker.template.connection_pool_minsize=0
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600
worker.template.reply_timeout=300000
worker.template.recovery_options=3

I have mod_jk loaded in apache. Can anyone identify where the issue is?

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 22.01.2015 um 01:03 schrieb Chris Arnold:
>> +1
>> And also, could you specify again what URL you are >requesting in the browser, which you
>> would expect to be proxied to Tomcat ?
>
> https://share2.domain.tld
>

>> Looking at the log you just showed, it seemed that the >only requests ever passed through
>> mod_jk for evaluation, where things like
> />error/*
>> and mod_jk (rightly so) decides that they are not for >Tomcat, declines to process them,
>> and returns the request to Apache, to tell it to find >another victim to handle that URL.
>
> Agreed! Which is why i need some guidance.

You have set

JkMount /share2/* worker1

which means: forward any request that hits the VirtualHost in which you
have put that JkMount and where the request has a URI starting with
/share2/ via the worker worker1.

Then you test with the request http://share2.domain.tld/ which has URI
/. This URI does not start with /share2/ so it does not match the
JkMount and the request is not being forwarded.

Attempting to map URI '/' from 1 maps
Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
no match for / found

Instead Apache tries to produce an error page using a new interal
request with an URI starting with /error/ etc.

So either you test with the request
http://share2.domain.tld/share2/what-ever-makes-sense-here or - if your
really need to forward anything under http://share2.domain.tld/ you need
to use

JkMount /* worker1

instead of the JkMount you are currently using.

Regards,

Rainer

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> Chris,

>>> Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.
>>>
>>> If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get
>>> that working first.
>> So i got all the connections worked out and now apache and tomcat
>> are accepting connections. However, i still can not get mod_jk
>> working correctly. Here is the mod_jk debug log:
>>
>> [Wed Jan 21 12:31:04 2015] [2345:139798017603520] [error]
>> extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker
>> with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
>
> You must have changed something since your original configuration. Do
> you have "JkMount ajp13" somewhere? You need to use the worker name
> and not the protocol name.
>
> Can you post your updated workers.properties file, and related
> httpd.conf configurations?

+1
And also, could you specify again what URL you are requesting in the browser, which you
would expect to be proxied to Tomcat ?

With the previous configuration that you showed here, that should be a URL like
http://yourhost.etc/share/(something)
or
http://yourhost.etc/share2/(something)

Looking at the log you just showed, it seemed that the only requests ever passed through
mod_jk for evaluation, where things like
/error/*
and mod_jk (rightly so) decides that they are not for Tomcat, declines to process them,
and returns the request to Apache, to tell it to find another victim to handle that URL.

Example from your previous log :
map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI
'/error/include/bottom.html' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c
(984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c
(3816): no match for /error/include/bottom.html found

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
>I'm surprised that the Alfresco team is still giving-out advice that
>was appropriate in the mid-2000s.

>Some notes:

>1. Don't put <Context> in server.xml. Just don't.
>2. "debug" hasn't been used in ... forever.
>3. path="" is bad, and isn't necessary if you follow #1

It did not work so i took it out

>Normally, docBase="share" would be bad, because it's relative to the
>host's appBase and would result in double-deployment. In your case,
>you want (?) double-deployment so it's not a big deal. Note that you
>are therefore running *two* copies of the Alfresco "share" application
>in your server. That may impact your capacity planning.

No, 1 running instance which is what we have working on the other server

>Also, you (or they?) said that you can't re-base the application to
>"/", so I'm not sure why they are recommending that you do that.

They answered that question, not me

>Is everything else currently working? Just the problem with "/share"?

I haven't moved past the /share issue as this is the most important right now. I can't move any further in the server upgrade until this is taken care of, then i can move to other stuff

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/26/15 8:05 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>>> Yeah, that document is evidently a pack of lies. Specifically,
>>> the "path" and "docbase" attributes in <Context> are ignored
>>> in META-INF/context.xml files, and you really shouldn't have
>>> your <Context> anywhere else (except in
>>> conf/[engine]/[host]/[appname].xml, which behaves almost the
>>> same way).
>>>
>>> Best thing to do is to name the web application the same as
>>> where you want it to be deployed and not try to re-write
>>> anything.
>>>
>>> Is there a particular reason you want to map / to /share
>>> instead of /share to /share?
>>
>> Ease of use and it worked in a previous installment.
>
> I think this goes against what you are saying in the above text
> but, I just got a reply from the alfresco mailinglist. Here is what
> was said:
>
> The way we got around this was to just tell tomcat to deploy Share
> at / (ROOT) as well as at /share.  To do that, we added the
> following line to the very end of our tomcat server.xml file (5
> lines from the end, just before the line reading “</host>”):
>
> <Context path="" debug="0" docBase="share" />
>
> I don’t know if that’s exactly the right way to go about it, but
> it’s worked well for us for about 4.5 years now.

I'm surprised that the Alfresco team is still giving-out advice that
was appropriate in the mid-2000s.

Some notes:

1. Don't put <Context> in server.xml. Just don't.
2. "debug" hasn't been used in ... forever.
3. path="" is bad, and isn't necessary if you follow #1

Normally, docBase="share" would be bad, because it's relative to the
host's appBase and would result in double-deployment. In your case,
you want (?) double-deployment so it's not a big deal. Note that you
are therefore running *two* copies of the Alfresco "share" application
in your server. That may impact your capacity planning.

Also, you (or they?) said that you can't re-base the application to
"/", so I'm not sure why they are recommending that you do that.
Honestly, that application should be written to be re-baseable without
a problem. I'm disappointed with Alfresco that it's not.

> I still have a concern with this as we have other sites that we
> need to access at the http://domain.tld level and it seems to me (
> I could e understanding his solution wrong) that above solution
> will point all http(s)://domain.tld requests to /share. Am I
> misunderstanding his solution?

Remember that Tomcat controls virtually nothing: if you deploy
something on "/" in Tomcat, but don't proxy it in httpd, then it
effectively does not exist. So if you only proxy "/share", then "/"
doesn't matter.

Is everything else currently working? Just the problem with "/share"?

- -chris

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/26/15 5:36 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:

>> Yeah, that document is evidently a pack of lies. Specifically,
>> the "path" and "docbase" attributes in <Context> are ignored in
>> META-INF/context.xml files, and you really shouldn't have your
>> <Context> anywhere else (except in
>> conf/[engine]/[host]/[appname].xml, which behaves almost the same
>> way).
>>
>> Best thing to do is to name the web application the same as where
>> you want it to be deployed and not try to re-write anything.
>>
>> Is there a particular reason you want to map / to /share instead
>> of /share to /share?
>
> Ease of use and it worked in a previous installment.

Okay. If you must rewrite you should be able to do something like this
(untested!):

RewriteRule ^(/.*) /share/$1 [L]

JkMount /share/* worker1

I dunno if that will work, but mod_rewrite runs pretty early/often in
the pipeline and I think mod_jk will tolerate that.

Note that any response from Tomcat that includes links will have those
links still pointing to /foo and not /share/foo which may or may not
result in a problem.

It may be easier for you to use mod_proxy and do something simpler
like this:

ProxyPass / ajp://host:port/share

Don't forget the ProxyPassReverse if you do that.

- -chris

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
>>If the application can't handle that (try it!), you'll have to make
>>other arrangements.

>According to:
>https://wiki.alfresco.com/wiki/Deploying_To_Server

>that is not even necessary. I understand that link is a years old and talks about tomcat 6 but the general >idea is the same. I will try to rename the war and see what happens.

No, renaming the war will break everything:

https://forums.alfresco.com/forum/end-user-discussions/alfresco-share/tried-set-sharewar-root-webapp-07262012-1228

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/25/15 7:38 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>> If you won't re-name the web application, I think redirects will
>> be your best bet. If a client requests
>> http(s)://share2.domain.tld/, you should redirect them to
>> https://share2.domain.tld/share/ and then "JkMount /share/*
>> worker1". You can redirect using RedirectPermanant or a few other
>> things like having an index.html with an HTTP-EQUIV header in
>> it.
>>
>> At this point, you seem to be able to successfully connect httpd
>> -> Tomcat. If you don't want to follow our advice for a more
>> robust configuration, you don't have
>
> You know what Chris, I am trying to follow your advice! Forgive me
> if I am not a tomcat expert like you and others on this list!

We aren't trying to look down upon you; it's not about being an expert
or not.

The best possible setup here is to set up httpd with more than one
VirtualHost (and SNI, since you are using HTTPS) with the correct
hostnames, etc., and only use JkMount from the "share2" VirtualHost.
Then, re-name your application from share.war to ROOT.war and
re-deploy it into Tomcat. Use "JkMount /share/* worker1" and be done
with it.

If the application can't handle that (try it!), you'll have to make
other arrangements.

> I keep inviting you or anybody else that would, to either contact
> me off list for all the full links/info or maybe a remote session.
> The offer still stands for either a off list contact or teamviewer
> session (I am willing to pay).

It's probably not necessary to pay.

> I know I have a working config on a server that I am trying to
> upgrade using, what looks like , Apache mod_rewrite and mod_jk but
> this is expensive and I heard mod_jk is much better.

You should not need mod_rewrite to do this. Check to see if the
application can be re-named. If it's been written properly, then it
can be trivially re-named. If that doesn't work, we'll take a look at
other options.

- -chris

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
> If you won't re-name the web application, I think redirects will be
> your best bet. If a client requests http(s)://share2.domain.tld/, you
> should redirect them to https://share2.domain.tld/share/ and then
> "JkMount /share/* worker1". You can redirect using RedirectPermanant
> or a few other things like having an index.html with an HTTP-EQUIV
> header in it.
>
> At this point, you seem to be able to successfully connect httpd ->
> Tomcat. If you don't want to follow our advice for a more robust
> configuration, you don't have

You know what Chris, I am trying to follow your advice! Forgive me if I am not a tomcat expert like you and others on this list! I keep inviting you or anybody else that would, to either contact me off list for all the full links/info or maybe a remote session. I know I have a working config on a server that I am trying to upgrade using, what looks like , Apache mod_rewrite and mod_jk but this is expensive and I heard mod_jk is much better. The offer still stands for either a off list contact or teamviewer session (I am willing to pay).

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/23/15 7:49 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:

>> *sigh*
>>
>> If you only want to proxy for one VirtualHost, then only set up
>> JkMounts in that one VirtualHost.
>>
>> Like this:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerName share2.xxxx.xxx
>>
>> JkMount /* worker1 (or "balancer", whichever you want)
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> Maybe I wasn't clear in my other reply, the above jkmount /*
> worker1 sends all requests to the tomcat app. So a request to
> http://domain.tld would get you to the tomcat app (not what we
> want)

Then your virtual hosts are not set up correctly. If you have a
VirtualHost for share2.xxx.xxx and a separate VirtualHost for xxxx.xxx
then the settings should not bleed across.

>> If you want to map / to /share it's a giant pain in the neck and
>> I don't think you will actually be able to accomplish. Best to
>> proxy /share to /share, or, better yet, re-name your application
>> to ROOT.war and proxy "/" to "/".
>
> Renaming the war would, I believe, will break everything.

Why?

>> You should not have needed to change workers.properties.
>
> Maybe not but u doing so, I have eliminated all the extra clutter
> in workers.properties as being the problem
>>
>>> and the vhost:
>>>
>>> JkMount /share2/* worker1 but this gives a 404 *sigh*:
>>
>> For what URL?
>
> If I understand your question, https://share2.domain.tld. I found
> that the /share2/* part of jkmount /share2/* worker1 should be
> just /share/*. Changed to just /share/* and now
> https://share2.domain.tld takes you to the root (/srv/www/hotdogs)
> and that is not even where our sites are hosted
> (/srv/www/htdocs/sites).

Then your DocumentRoot is not set correctly. I highly recommend that
you have an expert take a look at your httpd configuration... it
sounds severely mis-configured.

> However, if I put a port 80 redirect to port 443 in the vhost and
> go to http://share2.domain.tld, that gets me to the correct tomcat
> app (https://share2.domain.tld/share)
>
>> Don't mess with the Tomcat configuration. Basically, stop
>> touching things.
>
> My replies have not alluded to any messing with tomcat config.
>>
>> What URL can you use to get to the application *without* httpd in
>> the middle?
>
> https://share2.domain.tld:8443/share
>
> You can see why we need users to be able to type share2.domain.tld
> and arrive at the tomcat app. If you contact me off list I will be
> happy to give you the complete url so you can see exactly the
> address that is need to get to. I don't want that info on a
> publicly index mailing list.

If you won't re-name the web application, I think redirects will be
your best bet. If a client requests http(s)://share2.domain.tld/, you
should redirect them to https://share2.domain.tld/share/ and then
"JkMount /share/* worker1". You can redirect using RedirectPermanant
or a few other things like having an index.html with an HTTP-EQUIV
header in it.

At this point, you seem to be able to successfully connect httpd ->
Tomcat. If you don't want to follow our advice for a more robust
configuration, you don't have to.

- -chris

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

If I understand your question, https://share2.domain.tld. I found that the /share2/* part of jkmount /share2/* worker1 should be just /share/*. Changed to just /share/* and now https://share2.domain.tld takes you to the root (/srv/www/hotdogs) and that is not even where our sites are hosted (/srv/www/htdocs/sites). However, if I put a port 80 redirect to port 443 in the vhost and go to http://share2.domain.tld, that gets me to the correct tomcat app (https://share2.domain.tld/share)

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/23/15 10:40 AM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>> What you want is:
>
>> JkMount /share2/* worker1
>
>> or maybe:
>
>> JkMount /share2/* balancer
>
>> workers.properties defines the workers (target host/port,
>> connection options, etc.) and the JkMount directives in
>> httpd.conf map URL patterns to those workers.
>
> So JkMount /* proxied everything and we only need
> https://share2.xxxx.xxx proxied to https://share2.xxxx.xxx/share.

*sigh*

If you only want to proxy for one VirtualHost, then only set up
JkMounts in that one VirtualHost.

Like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName share2.xxxx.xxx

    JkMount /* worker1 (or "balancer", whichever you want)
</VirtualHost>

If you want to map / to /share it's a giant pain in the neck and I
don't think you will actually be able to accomplish. Best to proxy
/share to /share, or, better yet, re-name your application to ROOT.war
and proxy "/" to "/".

> So now i have a "new" workers.properties:
>
> worker.list=worker1 worker.worker1.type=ajp13
> worker.worker1.host=localhost worker.worker1.port=8009

You should not have needed to change workers.properties.

> and the vhost:
>
> JkMount /share2/* worker1 but this gives a 404 *sigh*:

For what URL?

> In the workers.properties, worker.worker1.host, does that need to
> be share2? Error log:
>
> [Fri Jan 23 10:35:31.426108 2015] [core:info] [pid 4622] [client
> 192.168.123.165:50481] AH00128: File does not exist:
> /srv/www/htdocs/share/

That suggests that your proxy configuration is either incorrect or
being ignored. Or that your URL isn't what you say it is. If you are
trying to reach ".../share2/something", why does the error message say
".../share/"?

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
>What you want is:

 >JkMount /share2/* worker1

>or maybe:

 >JkMount /share2/* balancer

>workers.properties defines the workers (target host/port, connection
>options, etc.) and the JkMount directives in httpd.conf map URL
>patterns to those workers.

So JkMount /* proxied everything and we only need https://share2.xxxx.xxx proxied to https://share2.xxxx.xxx/share. So now i have a "new" workers.properties:

worker.list=worker1
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009

and the vhost:

JkMount /share2/* worker1 but this gives a 404 *sigh*:

In the workers.properties, worker.worker1.host, does that need to be share2? Error log:

[Fri Jan 23 10:35:31.426108 2015] [core:info] [pid 4622] [client 192.168.123.165:50481] AH00128: File does not exist: /srv/www/htdocs/share/

That appears to using the default_server.conf of apache since the doc root is /opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/share. Does the doc root in the vhost need to be set to /opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/share?

Added: so the doc root on the vhost is set to /opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps and then thos error (the working configuration does not have a doc root set on the vhost but that one is using mod_proxy and not mod_jk):

[Fri Jan 23 10:43:30.135139 2015] [authz_core:error] [pid 4914] [client 192.168.123.165:50532] AH01630: client denied by server configuration: /opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/share/

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Chris,

On 1/21/15 6:41 PM, Chris Arnold wrote:
>> Chris,
>
>> On 1/21/15 5:56 PM, Chris wrote: You must have changed something
>> since your original >configuration. Do you have "JkMount ajp13"
>> somewhere? You need to use >the worker name and not the protocol
>> name.
>
>> Can you post your updated workers.properties file, and >related
>> httpd.conf configurations?
>
> workers.properties:
>
> worker.list=jk-status worker.jk-status.type=status
> worker.jk-status.read_only=true worker.list=jk-manager
> worker.list=worker1 worker.jk-manager.type=status

You have two "status" workers. Is that intentional?

> worker.list=balancer worker.balancer.type=lb
> worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts=10
> worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1
> worker.worker1.reference=worker.template
> worker.worker1.host=localhost worker.worker1.port=8009
> worker.worker1.activation=A worker.template.type=ajp13
> worker.template.socket_keepalive=true version of mod_jk running
> 1.2.26

If you are really running 1.2.26, you should upgrade to 1.2.40.

> worker.template.connection_pool_minsize=0

That's an odd setting. Do you expect long periods of time during which
no requests will be handled?

> worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600
> worker.template.reply_timeout=300000
> worker.template.recovery_options=3
>
> Httpd.conf:
>
> Include /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/jk.conf
>
> apache vhost:
>
> <IfDefine SSL> <IfDefine !NOSSL>
>
> ## ## SSL Virtual Host Context ##
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.123.200:443>
>
> #  General setup for the virtual host DocumentRoot
> "/opt/alfresco/tomcat/webapps/share" ServerName
> share2.domain.tld:443 ServerAlias mail.* ifolder.* share.* apps.*
> ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/ssl-error_log TransferLog
> /var/log/apache2/ssl-access_log LogLevel Debug LogLevel
> rewrite:trace8
>
> #   SSL Engine Switch: #   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual
> host. SSLEngine on
>
> #This rewrites https://share.anydomain.tld to our share server
> #RewriteEngine On #RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^share2\. #RewriteCond
> %{HTTPS} on #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/share2/ #RewriteRule
> ^/(.*) https://share2.teknerds.net:8443/share/ [P] JkMount
> /share2/* worker1
>
> Found it! IT was in the jk.conf file: JkMount /share2/*.* ajp13 I
> have removed ajp13 so now that line looks like: JkMount
> /share2/*.*

*.* won't do what you want it to do. Please check out the Apache httpd
guide here for the syntax for JkMount:
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

> Restart apache and got this error: Jan 21 18:38:02 labweb
> start_apache2[3042]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 32 of
> /opt/alfresco/tomcat/conf/jk Jan 21 18:38:02 labweb
> start_apache2[3042]: JkMount needs a path when not defined in a
> location
>
> So i commented it out (it was like this originally).

So then you don't have any JkMounts, so nothing will be proxied.

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
>Chris,

>On 1/21/15 5:56 PM, Chris wrote:
>You must have changed something since your original >configuration. Do
>you have "JkMount ajp13" somewhere? You need to use >the worker name
>and not the protocol name.

>Can you post your updated workers.properties file, and >related
>httpd.conf configurations?

workers.properties:

[...]

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
>> When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is even making it to apache or tomcat.
>>

> Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.
>
> If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get that
> working first.

>>>Yeah, I overlooked that in my first response. As long >>>as you don't see
>>>the request in the Apache access log, you'll not >>>make progress.

So i got all the connections worked out and now apache and tomcat are accepting connections. However, i still can not get mod_jk working correctly.
Here is the mod_jk debug log:

[Wed Jan 21 12:31:04 2015] [2345:139798017603520] [error] extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
[Wed Jan 21 12:31:04 2015] [2345:139798017603520] [error] extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
[Wed Jan 21 12:33:29 2015] [2430:140672245532608] [error] extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
[Wed Jan 21 12:33:29 2015] [2430:140672245532608] [error] extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_set_time_fmt::jk_util.c (480): Pre-processed log time stamp format is '[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] '
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_open::jk_uri_worker_map.c (904): rule map size is 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_add::jk_uri_worker_map.c (854): wildchar rule '/share2/*.*=ajp13' source 'JkMount' was added
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (178): uri map dump after map open: id=0, index=0 file='(null)' reject_unsafe=0 reload=60 modified=0 checked=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 0: size=0 nosize=0 capacity=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 1: size=1 nosize=0 capacity=4
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (197): NEXT (1) map #0: uri=/share2/*.* worker=ajp13 context=/share2/*.* source=JkMount type=Wildchar len=11
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_set_time_fmt::jk_util.c (480): Pre-processed log time stamp format is '[%a %b %d %H:%M:%S %Y] '
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_open::jk_uri_worker_map.c (904): rule map size is 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_add::jk_uri_worker_map.c (863): exact rule '/share2=worker1' source 'JkMount' was added
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_add::jk_uri_worker_map.c (854): wildchar rule '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount' was added
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (178): uri map dump after map open: id=0, index=0 file='(null)' reject_unsafe=0 reload=60 modified=0 checked=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 0: size=0 nosize=0 capacity=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 1: size=2 nosize=0 capacity=4
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (197): NEXT (1) map #0: uri=/share2/* worker=worker1 context=/share2/* source=JkMount type=Wildchar len=9
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (197): NEXT (1) map #1: uri=/share2 worker=worker1 context=/share2 source=JkMount type=Exact len=7
[...]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] init_jk::mod_jk.c (3321): Setting default connection pool max size to 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.list' with value 'jk-status' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.jk-status.type' with value 'status' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.jk-status.read_only' with value 'true' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_handle_duplicates::jk_map.c (448): Concatenated value is: worker.list -> jk-status,jk-manager
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.list' with value 'jk-status,jk-manager' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_handle_duplicates::jk_map.c (448): Concatenated value is: worker.list -> jk-status,jk-manager,worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.list' with value 'jk-status,jk-manager,worker1' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.jk-manager.type' with value 'status' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_handle_duplicates::jk_map.c (448): Concatenated value is: worker.list -> jk-status,jk-manager,worker1,balancer
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.list' with value 'jk-status,jk-manager,worker1,balancer' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.balancer.type' with value 'lb' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts' with value '10' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.balancer.balance_workers' with value 'worker1' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.worker1.reference' with value 'worker.template' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.worker1.host' with value 'localhost' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.worker1.port' with value '8009' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.worker1.activation' with value 'A' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.type' with value 'ajp13' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.socket_keepalive' with value 'true' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.connection_pool_minsize' with value '0' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.connection_pool_timeout' with value '600' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.reply_timeout' with value '300000' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_read_property::jk_map.c (499): Adding property 'worker.template.recovery_options' with value '3' to map.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_resolve_references::jk_map.c (781): Checking for references with prefix worker. with wildcard (recursion 1)
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_resolve_references::jk_map.c (781): Checking for references with prefix worker.template without wildcard (recursion 2)
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_resolve_references::jk_map.c (816): Copying values from worker.template. to worker.worker1.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_shm_calculate_size::jk_shm.c (129): worker balancer of type lb has 1 members
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_shm_calculate_size::jk_shm.c (136): shared memory will contain 1 ajp workers and 1 lb workers with 1 members
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (579): Truncated shared memory to 2176
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (624): Initialized shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 size=2176 free=1536 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (489): Opened shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'ServerRoot' -> '/srv/www'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.list' -> 'jk-status,jk-manager,worker1,balancer'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.jk-status.type' -> 'status'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.jk-status.read_only' -> 'true'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.jk-manager.type' -> 'status'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.balancer.type' -> 'lb'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts' -> '10'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.balancer.balance_workers' -> 'worker1'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.reference' -> 'worker.template'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.host' -> 'localhost'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.port' -> '8009'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.activation' -> 'A'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.type' -> 'ajp13'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.socket_keepalive' -> 'true'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.connection_pool_minsize' -> '0'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.connection_pool_timeout' -> '600'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.reply_timeout' -> '300000'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.template.recovery_options' -> '3'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.type' -> 'ajp13'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.socket_keepalive' -> 'true'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.connection_pool_minsize' -> '0'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.connection_pool_timeout' -> '600'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.reply_timeout' -> '300000'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_dump::jk_map.c (597): Dump of map 4: 'worker.worker1.recovery_options' -> '3'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] build_worker_map::jk_worker.c (241): creating worker jk-status
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (145): about to create instance jk-status of status
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (158): about to validate and init jk-status
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] init::jk_status.c (5084): Status worker 'jk-status' is read-only and has css '(null)', prefix 'worker', name space 'jk:', xml name space 'xmlns:jk="http://tomcat.apache.org"', document type '(null)'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] init::jk_status.c (5135): Status worker 'jk-status' has good rating for '0000000f' and bad rating for '00ff1010'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] build_worker_map::jk_worker.c (241): creating worker jk-manager
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (145): about to create instance jk-manager of status
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (158): about to validate and init jk-manager
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] init::jk_status.c (5084): Status worker 'jk-manager' is read/write and has css '(null)', prefix 'worker', name space 'jk:', xml name space 'xmlns:jk="http://tomcat.apache.org"', document type '(null)'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] init::jk_status.c (5135): Status worker 'jk-manager' has good rating for '0000000f' and bad rating for '00ff1010'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] build_worker_map::jk_worker.c (241): creating worker worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (145): about to create instance worker1 of ajp13
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_worker_factory::jk_ajp_common.c (3075): ajp worker 'worker1' type=2 created
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (158): about to validate and init worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_validate::jk_ajp_common.c (2742): worker worker1 contact is 'localhost:8009'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_ajp_push::jk_ajp_common.c (1137): syncing shm for ajp worker 'worker1' from mem (0->0) [0->0]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2939): setting endpoint options:
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2942): keepalive:              1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2946): socket timeout:         0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2950): socket connect timeout: 0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2954): buffer size:            0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2958): pool timeout:           600
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2962): ping timeout:           10000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2966): connect timeout:        0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2970): reply timeout:          300000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2974): prepost timeout:        0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2978): recovery options:       3
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2982): retries:                2
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2986): max packet size:        8192
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_init::jk_ajp_common.c (2990): retry interval:         100
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_create_endpoint_cache::jk_ajp_common.c (2802): setting connection pool size to 1 with min 0 and acquire timeout 200
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] build_worker_map::jk_worker.c (241): creating worker balancer
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (145): about to create instance balancer of lb
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (158): about to validate and init balancer
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (145): about to create instance worker1 of ajp13
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_worker_factory::jk_ajp_common.c (3075): ajp worker 'worker1' type=2 created
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_create_worker::jk_worker.c (158): about to validate and init worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] ajp_validate::jk_ajp_common.c (2770): worker worker1 contact 'localhost:8009' already configured type=2 (1) [0]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_ajp_pull::jk_ajp_common.c (1069): syncing mem for ajp worker 'worker1' from shm (0->1) [-1->0]
[...]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] validate::jk_lb_worker.c (1766): Balanced worker 0 has name worker1 and route worker1 in domain
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] update_mult::jk_lb_worker.c (261): worker worker1 gets multiplicity 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_lb_push::jk_lb_worker.c (355): syncing shm for lb 'balancer' from mem (0->0)
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [info] init_jk::mod_jk.c (3383): mod_jk/1.2.40 initialized
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_get_worker_for_name::jk_worker.c (115): did not find a worker ajp13
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [error] extension_fix::jk_uri_worker_map.c (578): Could not find worker with name 'ajp13' in uri map post processing.
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (178): uri map dump after extension stripping: id=1, index=0 file='(null)' reject_unsafe=0 reload=60 modified=0 checked=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 0: size=0 nosize=0 capacity=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 1: size=1 nosize=0 capacity=4
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (197): NEXT (1) map #0: uri=/share2/*.* worker=ajp13 context=/share2/*.* source=JkMount type=Wildchar len=11
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_switch::jk_uri_worker_map.c (600): Switching uri worker map from index 0 to index 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_get_worker_for_name::jk_worker.c (115): found a worker worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_get_name_for_type::jk_worker.c (292): Found worker type 'ajp13'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] extension_fix_activation::jk_uri_worker_map.c (485): Checking extension for worker worker1 of type ajp13 (2)
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_get_worker_for_name::jk_worker.c (115): found a worker worker1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] wc_get_name_for_type::jk_worker.c (292): Found worker type 'ajp13'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] extension_fix_activation::jk_uri_worker_map.c (485): Checking extension for worker worker1 of type ajp13 (2)
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (178): uri map dump after extension stripping: id=2, index=0 file='(null)' reject_unsafe=0 reload=60 modified=0 checked=0
[...]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (178): uri map dump after extension stripping: id=3, index=0 file='(null)' reject_unsafe=0 reload=60 modified=0 checked=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 0: size=0 nosize=0 capacity=0
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (184): generation 1: size=1 nosize=0 capacity=4
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_dump::jk_uri_worker_map.c (197): NEXT (1) map #0: uri=/share2/* worker=worker1 context=/share2/* source=JkMount type=Wildchar len=9
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] uri_worker_map_switch::jk_uri_worker_map.c (600): Switching uri worker map from index 0 to index 1
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2490:139894823892928] [debug] jk_shm_close::jk_shm.c (700): Closed shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 childs=1
[...]
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [2] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2511:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [4] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2511:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2511:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2508:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [3] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2508:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2508:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2510:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [5] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2510:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2510:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2509:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [6] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2509:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:35 2015] [2509:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_translate::mod_jk.c (3741): no match for / found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3816): no match for / found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3816): no match for /error/HTTP_FORBIDDEN.html.var found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/error/include/top.html' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3816): no match for /error/include/top.html found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/error/include/bottom.html' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3816): no match for /error/include/bottom.html found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (1170): Attempting to map URI '/error/contact.html.var' from 1 maps
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] find_match::jk_uri_worker_map.c (984): Attempting to map context URI '/share2/*=worker1' source 'JkMount'
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:46 2015] [2507:139894823892928] [debug] jk_map_to_storage::mod_jk.c (3816): no match for /error/contact.html.var found
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:47 2015] [2517:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open::jk_shm.c (634): Attached shared memory /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490 [7] size=2176 workers=2 free=384 addr=0x7f3bcd2e0000
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:47 2015] [2517:139894823892928] [debug] do_shm_open_lock::jk_shm.c (430): Duplicated shared memory lock /var/log/alfresco/shm.2490.lock
[Wed Jan 21 12:34:47 2015] [2517:139894823892928] [debug] jk_child_init::mod_jk.c (3266): Initialized mod_jk/1.2.40

Any ideas as to how to get this working?

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 17.01.2015 um 04:05 schrieb Chris Arnold:
>>> When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is even making it to apache or tomcat.
>>>

>> Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.
>>
>> If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get that
>> working first.
>
>>> Yeah, I overlooked that in my first response. As long as you don't see
>>> the request in the Apache access log, you'll not make progress.
>
> I meant to answer that in my last answer: i can get to a site from HTTPD and i can also get to the https://192.168.xx.3:8443 Tomcat SSL with no problems. I just cant make it from HTTPD to Tomcat.

Note that mod_jk will not use your 8443 port on Tomcat. It will use the
8009 AJP port (and connector in server.xml).

If your mod_jk log doesn't contain any errors and if the needed JkMount
directive is in place, increase the log level of mod_jk:

JkLogLevel debug

That will produce lots of info, but since your system is not already
doing production, you can increase the log level, restart Apache and
then try a single request that you expect to be forwarded from Apache to
Tomcat. The log of that request (and of the startup) will help us to
find the reason for your problems.

Regards,

Rainer

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 17.01.2015 um 01:51 schrieb Konstantin Kolinko:
>> Current working setup:
>>
>> apache 2.2 using mod_jk to pass 443 requests to tomcat on 8443.
>>

>> We are migrating from SLES 11 SP3 to SLEs 12. On SLES 11 we use alfresco 5.0.c which includes tomact 7.x i believe. SLES 11 has apache 2.2.10. SLES 12 has apache 2.4 and we use the same version of alfresco on SLES 12 (tomcat 7.x). So i installed SLES 12, apache 2.4 and alfresco 5.0.c on a test server. I then followed the upgrading guide for apache 2.2 to 2.4. I copied the existing working config files from the alfresco tomact to the SLES 12 alfresco tomact. Restarted all apache/tomcat services and try to go to https://share2.domain.tld.<https://share2.domain.tld./> Chrome reports Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
>>

>> When i look at the apache log for that request, i dont see where the request is even making it to apache or tomcat.
>>

> Try to request a static file from DocumentRoot directory.
>
> If you cannot, then your HTTPS is not configured correctly. Get that
> working first.

Yeah, I overlooked that in my first response. As long as you don't see
the request in the Apache access log, you'll not make progress.

>> Here is mod_jk:
>>

>> # simple configuration for apache (for AJP connector, modul mod_jk.so)
>>
>> <IfModule mod_jk.c>
>>
>>      JkWorkersFile /opt/alfresco/tomcat/workers.properties
>>      JkLogFile /var/log/alfresco/mod_jk.log
>>      JkShmFile /var/log/alfresco/shm
>>
>>      # Log level to be used by mod_jk
>>      JkLogLevel error
>>
>>      # The following line prohibits users from directly accessing WEB-INF
>>      <Location "/share/WEB-INF/">
>>      #AllowOverride None
>>      Require all denied
>>      </Location>
>>      #<Location "/servlets-examples/WEB-INF/">
>>      #AllowOverride None
>>      #deny from all
>>      #</Location>
>>

>> </IfModule>
>>

>> Here is worker.properties:
>>

>> worker.list=jk-status
>> worker.jk-status.type=status
>> worker.jk-status.read_only=true
>>
>> worker.list=jk-manager
>> worker.list=worker1
>> worker.jk-manager.type=status
>>
>> worker.list=balancer
>
> So, what is the value for "worker.list"?
> You set the same "worker.list" property 4 times, but with different values.

Konstantin: that's actually OK. Some of the properties are allowed
multiple times. The values are cumulative. That aloows a modular layout
of the config file.

In the docs under
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html it is
explicitly mentioned if a property is allowed multiple times. Currently
this is true e.g. for the worker.list property and the balance_workers
property of an lb worker.

Re: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

RE: Mod_jk Configuration

Posted by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com>.
> #This rewrites https://share.anydomain.tld to our share server
>       RewriteEngine On
>       RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^share\.
>       RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
>       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/share/
>       RewriteRule ^/(.*) https://share.domain.tld:8443/share/ [P]

That will forward any https request with a URI *not* starting with
/share/ using mod_proxy. If there are no ProxyPass directives, it will
not use persistent backend connections though.

>       JkMount /share/* worker1

And this will use a worker named worker1 to forward anything with a URI
starting with /share/ using mod_jk.

Neither will work as long as your request don't actually hit the Apache
web server.

OK, so netstat does not show apache listening on 443. Here is listen.conf:

Listen 80

<IfDefine SSL>
    <IfDefine !NOSSL>
	<IfModule mod_ssl.c>