Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/18 12:30:23 UTC

Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Hi,

  Is there a way we can ask the YARN RM for not killing a container when it
uses excess virtual memory than the maximum it can use as per the
specification in the configuration file yarn-site.xml? We can't always
estimate the amount of virtual memory needed for our application running on
a container, but we don't want to get it killed in a case it exceeds the
maximum limit.

  Please suggest as to how can we come across this issue.

Thanks,
Kishore

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Harsha, I was actually looking this part of the code in
ContainerMonitorImpl.java trying to find how can I make use of it, but as
you said it's a bug and doesn't seem to be really handling the case.

Thanks,
Kishore

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-168.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krishna Kishore Bonagiri <wr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Avoid Killing of YARN container on excess virtual memory usage

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J