Posted to user@struts.apache.org by wb...@Ensign-BickfordInd.com on 2002/08/28 19:42:43 UTC

Taglib question - popup windows

Hi All,

I am working on a taglib that will make popup windows for you.  The
thought behind this was to be able to provide pop-up help and tips for
our user community (who aparently need extra help).

I want to keep it so that it would work without the struts libraries,
but would also like to take advantage of some of them.  What would be
the best way?  I was thinking I could use different tags that only work
if struts is present, and as many as I could without it.  So I could
have two tags...  popup and strutsPopup or something like that...

Thoughts?

Also, if anyone wants to look at the code and give me any tips for
taglibs that would be cool also...

If anyone is interested the tag looks like so:

<pu:basicPopup
textLink = "this is the text link"
cssFile="./images/testcss2.css">
Here is some content for you...
</pu:basicPopup>

Full extended and overriding defaults it looks like so:

<pu:basicPopup
menubar="no"
title="This is the title"
imageLink = "./images/help.gif"
textLink = "this is the text link"
resizeable="yes"
directories="no"
location="no"
toolbar="no"
height="200"
width="400"
cssFile="./images/testcss2.css">
Here is some content for you...
</pu:basicPopup>

There are also some attributes to override the default css names

The whole thing works:  http://www.explosivo.com/bill/downloads/tomcat/
Its popupdev (Set up for tomcat as is...)

(i still have more to do though for properties, i18n, etc)

Re: Taglib question - popup windows

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
I assume this is a put on?  I sure hope so.