Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com> on 2006/05/17 12:09:57 UTC

[Axis2][Fwd: Having separate build systems]

Fixed prefix...

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Fixed prefix...

+1.
Also could we please have --with-axiom in place of --with-axis2-om?

> It seems that as we are separating the Axis2 C sub projects, Axis2 C
> main build
> is increasingly dependant on other projects. I would like to ask your
> opnions
> on how we handle this situation on Axis2 C releases.
>
> It is good if we could configure Maven to resolve dependancies and
> download.
>
> Other option is we pack the all dependant projects nicely with Axis2
> C. In this case
> we just pack compulsory projects only. For example axis2c_om and
> axis2c_util are
> compulsory dependancies. But Apache and Apache2 are optional so we
> don't pack them.

We can learn from how the Java folks are doing it. They have the std bin
release. We can have something similar.
I would prefer packaging over using maven to download.

Also, we got to decide where to move the current sources, as we separate
the sources and structuring them.

I propose we move whole of xml folder as axiom.
Also let woden and xml_schema be separate source trees.

Thanks,
Samisa...