Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramit Arora <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/23 16:27:02 UTC

Reliable Messaging with Perl

Hi,
We have a distributed application with its back-end entirely in Perl. We are
looking for a middleware for passing messages between its components, & came
across ActiveMQ. We are pretty impressed by its functionality &
capabilities, & it seems to be the best JMS implementations out there.
Since our components are in Perl, we are looking at the various ways by
which Perl can talk to ActiveMQ. We are looking for reliable messaging
(message loss should be as low as possible) & transaction support in
particular. Performance is not really an issue as we do not expect more than
a few hundred messages per second.
We have had a preliminary look at Net::Stomp, but we think its lacking in
quite a few respects (async receives, for example). REST is another
alternative, but we are concerned about reliability aspects of using HTTP.
It seems that the best way of using ActiveMQ is through Java clients, which
lets us exploit all the features of the broker.
Can someone please advise us about the best way to communicate using Perl
Clients so that:
1. Messaging is as reliable as possible.
2. All features that are available to a Java client are available to a Perl
client.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramit