Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com> on 2022/12/07 20:56:34 UTC

[Discuss] [Blog] Reposting parquet blog content on the arrow.apache.org/blog site

What does the community think about reposting the parquet content that was
previously published on the InfluxData blog on the Apache Arrow Blog?

Raphael Taylor-Davies and I wrote a blog [1] for the Apache Arrow site[2]
on the various Parquet predicate pushdown techniques that have been
implemented in the Rust parquet and datafusion crates.

However, for various reasons we have first published the content on the
InfluxData blog [3].

Our experience publishing previous blogs on the arrow site such as [4] was
very positive and we would like to do so again.

Specifically:
1. We received valuable community review feedback pre-publication
2. We have the ability to make reviewed and tracked changes to the content
post-publcation

Thoughts on this topic?
Andrew

[1]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-site/pull/280
[2]: https://arrow.apache.org/blog/
[3]: https://www.influxdata.com/blog/querying-parquet-millisecond-latency/
[4]:
https://arrow.apache.org/blog/2022/11/07/multi-column-sorts-in-arrow-rust-part-1/

Re: [Discuss] [Blog] Reposting parquet blog content on the arrow.apache.org/blog site

Posted by Jie Han <tu...@gmail.com>.
+1

best

Re: [Discuss] [Blog] Reposting parquet blog content on the arrow.apache.org/blog site

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
+1

In <CA...@mail.gmail.com>

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.
To follow up, the blog is now posted on the apache arrow site:
https://arrow.apache.org/blog/2022/12/26/querying-parquet-with-millisecond-latency/

Posted by Andrew Lamb <al...@influxdata.com>.

Posted by "L. C. Hsieh" <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1