Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robin Green <gr...@hotmail.com> on 2000/09/01 01:23:57 UTC

Re: Cocoon 1.8 dev XSP Problem with FP-Taglib still unsolved -archive of old dev-snapshots available?

Markus Spiekermann <Ma...@web.de> wrote:
>thanks for responding. So it must be a problem just on my machine. The
>sample you
>deliverd does not work (any more). It worked before I went on holliday (not
>really
>the reason for malfuntioning) amd of course before I upgrade to a new
>dev-snapshot.

>My new Java book defines a NullPoínterException like this: You use an
>object
>variable containing null, when it should refer to an object for proper
>operation -
>for example, calling a method or accessing a data member.

I know - it's not very helpful. There is a long-standing bug in XSPProcessor
to do with logicsheet error reporting which I intend to fix soon. When a
logicsheet is not found or broken, it should report a meaningful error, but
the error reporting is itself broken!

cocoon.properties changed recently because some files were moved. That's
probably why. You need to update cocoon.properties with the one supplied in
the latest distro and restart your servlet runner.

If that doesn't work try changing the logging level in cocoon.properties to
debug level, restart the servlet runner again, and look in the servlet
runner's log file for error messages - that's how I managed to solve my
logicsheet problems.

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: Cocoon 1.8 dev XSP Problem with FP-Taglib still unsolved -archive of old dev-snapshots available?

Posted by Markus Spiekermann <Ma...@web.de>.
Thank you very much guys!

It works again.The cocoon.properties file was the key. I used my "old" file
instead of looking into /src/org/apache/cocoon
(-> just a small hint for all other little idiots like me)

Markus