Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Hubert Iwaniuk <ne...@kungfoo.pl> on 2005/11/21 00:05:55 UTC

[m2] how to use javacc?

Hi,
Please help me getting javacc jjtree generation work in maven.
I simply can't figureout how to set properties, so mojo will know
where is jjt file, and how to make code generation occure before code
compilation.
I'm new to maven at all.
Thanks for you help,
   Hubert.

Re: [m2] how to use javacc?

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
0.6-SNAPSHOT of javacc-maven-plugin now supports jjtree..

couple of things, the 'generate' goal from previous iterations of the plugin
has been changed to 'javacc' and the 'jjtree' goal is now active.

I also redeployed the site so the new goals and information are up there now
at

http://mojo.codehaus.org/javacc-maven-plugin

I have validated that at jjtree files do their magic and drop the java and
.jj files to a directory...and that directory is added to the compile
classpath. as for the the processing of the .jj file in the same plugin
you'll have to define another execution of the plugin calling the javacc
goal with its relevant configuration mapped to whatever you are plugging in
for the jjtree configuration.

since the javacc goal works by default off of the src/main/javacc directory
at a minimum you'll have to specify the sourceDirectory in the javacc goal
configuration to point to target/generated-sources/jjtree to pick up the
generated .jj file..

good luck and if you have issues please submit them with supporting log
pastes and whatnot to mojo, since I don't use this personally all the output
you can give me and proper problem descriptions are helpful.

jesse

--
jesse mcconnell

Re: [m2] how to use javacc?

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
if you tell me how jjtree works then I'll see about putting it in the javacc
plugin..I think I was the last guy to touch the javacc mojo plugin so I'll
put this in if you let me know what it needs to do..

lemme poke around and learn something about jjtree and see what I can do

jesse

On 11/21/05, Hubert Iwaniuk <ne...@kungfoo.pl> wrote:

> Hi Allan,
> Thanks for your reply.
> Is there other way to use jjtree in maven, for example some ant script?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hubert.
>
> Dnia 21-11-2005, pon o godzinie 13:52 +0800, Allan Ramirez napisał(a):
> > Hi Hubert,
> >
> > jjtree is not yet available in the javacc-maven-plugin. But it will have
> > soon.
> >
> > regards,
> > -allan
> >
> > Hubert Iwaniuk wrote:
> >
> > >Hi,
> > >Please help me getting javacc jjtree generation work in maven.
> > >I simply can't figureout how to set properties, so mojo will know
> > >where is jjt file, and how to make code generation occure before code
> > >compilation.
> > >I'm new to maven at all.
> > >Thanks for you help,
> > > Hubert.