Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Aruna Raghavan <Ar...@opin.com> on 2002/02/21 17:43:36 UTC

Boolean AND query

Hello,
Has anyone run into problems with boolean AND query? Basically, I am using
the following code to do the query to look for
10060 AND 10040

BooleanQuery bq = new BooleanQuery();
Query query = QueryParser.parse(m_strKeyword, "pageText", analyzer);
 bq.add(query, true, false);

In this case, I am just using one query to add to bq but there can be more.

I am getting correct results when 10060 AND 10040 exists in the document.
But when one of them does not exist, I am still getting the same results. In
other words, AND seems to be acting like an OR. I noticed this in the latest
RC4 as well as an older lucene build from before lucene joined jakarta.

Thanks!

RE: Boolean AND query

Posted by Daniel Calvo <dc...@ig.com.br>.
Hi,

To achieve what you want, you need to use the required operand (+)

--Daniel