Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/25 10:10:48 UTC

m2.0.6 with false transitive dependencies fails on windows, works on linux

Since 2.0.6 maven is reacting differently on windows in linux for our poms.

We have some "false transitive dependencies": transitive dependencies
that should be direct dependencies.
(We currently do this to avoid having to duplicate the version number as
the different projects don't have a common superpom.)

On linux, our poms compile fine,
on windows, our poms sometimes don't compile as some of those "false
transitive dependencies" start to go missing from our compile classpath.

The problem is that if someone commits something on linux, he's unsure
if it will build on windows.

Is this a known issue since 2.0.6?
Has anyone else seen this problem occur?

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Re: m2.0.6 with false transitive dependencies fails on windows, works on linux

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Jerome Lacoste schreef:
> On 4/25/07, Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since 2.0.6 maven is reacting differently on windows in linux for our
>> poms.
>>
>> We have some "false transitive dependencies": transitive dependencies
>> that should be direct dependencies.
>> (We currently do this to avoid having to duplicate the version number as
>> the different projects don't have a common superpom.)
>>
>> On linux, our poms compile fine,
>> on windows, our poms sometimes don't compile as some of those "false
>> transitive dependencies" start to go missing from our compile classpath.
>>
>> The problem is that if someone commits something on linux, he's unsure
>> if it will build on windows.
>>
>> Is this a known issue since 2.0.6?
>> Has anyone else seen this problem occur?
>
> Are you sure something else is not creating the problem ?

Not as far as we know. We 're just getting it between 2 windows versions
too. Again fixing the false transitive dependencies fixed it.

> Are you using the exact same build environment on both machines (e.g.
> plugin versions are exactly identical, local caches contain the exact
> same versions) ?

The compiler plugin is locked down to 2.0.2, the entire local
repositories have been cleaned during a test.

My college has a log which proves he should get a dependency on his
classpath and doesn't get it, I 've made a JIRA with attached logs:

   http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2962

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.