Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it> on 2013/03/11 12:50:50 UTC

Password and account expiration features

Hi Syncopers,

I'm currently using Syncope 1.0.6 and I've just checked on Syncope roadmap [1].
The following features doesn't seams available or already included in the roadmap (am I wrong) ?

-          Account Expiration (disable user on all resources that support enable/disable or change the password on resources that doesn't support it)

-          Password Expiration/Expired (force password change - on Syncope and resources**)

-          Grace Period: number of logins (or period) allowed after password expiration (on Syncope and resources**)

-          Account Lock (explicit or automatic lock for a certain amount of time after a number of wrong credentials - on Syncope and resources**)

-          Events/Notifications for account/password expiration, account/password expired, account locked

WDYT?

Best regards.
Denis.

** these features needs an enhanced connector that support it.

[1] - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Roadmap

R: R: Password and account expiration features

Posted by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it>.

Hi Fabio,

I agree with you, it's a not a so critical feature.

The idea was just finalized to create a set of "SchedTask functionalities"
that can be easily configured through administrator console simplifying the user interface .

Anyway, the approach using Configuration Parameters it's good enough.

@Francesco: Thanks  for your support

Best regards.
Denis

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il giorno 13/mar/2013, alle ore 09.09, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:

> On 12/03/2013 16:00, Denis Signoretto wrote:
>> Hi Fabio,
>>
>> Thanks for your response.
>> Do you think it could be useful open an issue on Jira for these features? (if yes a can do it).
>>
>> I take a quick look to SampleJob and AbstractTaskJob classes.
>> I think it could be useful allow a scheduled task to have configuration parameters.
>> I guess it's possible to define and read global configuration parameters within a SchedTask.
>>
>> What do you think about possibility to enhance SchedTask to define and store it's own configuration parameters?
>
> Hi Denis,
> you can define in any class extending AbstractTaskJob (as SampleJob for example) the field
>
> @Autowired
> private ConfDAO confDAO;
>
> and then access (read / write) any configuration parameter that you can also manage from the admin console, under the "Configuration -> Parameters".
>
> Is this what you are looking for?

Hi Denis, I agree with Francesco: it should be better to use the global configuration parameters.
From my PPOV the proposed SchedTask enhancement would require an big effort not so justified.

Best regards,
F.

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denis Signoretto <de...@intesys.it>.
Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your response.
Do you think it could be useful open an issue on Jira for these features? (if yes a can do it).

I take a quick look to SampleJob and AbstractTaskJob classes.
I think it could be useful allow a scheduled task to have configuration parameters.
I guess it's possible to define and read global configuration parameters within a SchedTask.

What do you think about possibility to enhance SchedTask to define and store it's own configuration parameters?

Best Regards,
Denis.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.