Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Aguirre, Carlos (C.)" <ca...@visteon.com> on 2002/11/11 17:55:56 UTC

Using log4j with Fop

Hi all,

I'm new to Fop and I'm writing a little application in witch I'm embedding
Fop, the issue here is I use Log4j for logging, the controlling logging
section of the documentation says that I can use:
	Driver.setLogger(new
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(myLog));
javac is complaining that I can't use org.apache.log.Logger with
org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger,

what am I missing??...Thanks

Re: Using log4j with Fop

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I think you don't have the latest version of FOP. Make sure you've got
0.20.4 downloaded. org.apache.log.Logger is defined by Jakarta LogKit,
but we don't use that anymore.

What is myLog in your code? It should be a Category from Log4J.

If you don't manage to fix it, could you post the code snippet in which
you're setting up your logger?

On 11.11.2002 17:55:56 Aguirre, Carlos (C.) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to Fop and I'm writing a little application in witch I'm embedding
> Fop, the issue here is I use Log4j for logging, the controlling logging
> section of the documentation says that I can use:
> 	Driver.setLogger(new
> org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger(myLog));
> javac is complaining that I can't use org.apache.log.Logger with
> org.apache.avalon.framework.logger.Log4JLogger,
>
> what am I missing??...Thanks

Jeremias Maerki