Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Johnson <pe...@lutris.com> on 2001/05/23 08:08:43 UTC

Re: RE: Problem in Transferring session between http and https on Net scape

Are you running HTTP and HTTPS of their standard ports?

Netscape records the port number as part of the domain of the cookie.
IE does not. This means that Netscape will not return a cookie unless
the ports match or there is no port in the url.

so I can pass a cookie between:

 http://www.foo.com and https://www.foo.com

but not between:

 http://www.foo.com:8080 and http://www.foo.com:8081