Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Sen Zhou <zh...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/22 08:56:42 UTC

about the performance of search with filter

Hi, all
  I want to know the different between the search without rangefilter and
the search with rangefilter. Is the letter more slow than the latter?

Thanks
    Sen Zhou

Re: about the performance of search with filter

Posted by karl wettin <ka...@snigel.net>.
22 apr 2006 kl. 08.56 skrev Sen Zhou:

> Hi, all
>   I want to know the different between the search without
> rangefilter and
> the search with rangefilter. Is the letter more slow than the latter?

Adding more data processing usually consume more clock ticks. But you
won't know until you test. Write a loop that places a couple of
hundred thousand queries, with and without the filter. Compare the
time spent. Feel free to report the outcome.