Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Timothee Besset <tt...@idsoftware.com> on 2003/04/05 14:29:21 UTC

commit aborted because of conflict, but status doesn't show conflict state

I have the following:

svn: Aborting commit: '/home/timo/Id/DoomSync/main/neo/framework/Heap.cpp' remains in conflict.
timo@sparkle:~/Id/DoomSync/main$ svn status neo/framework/Heap.cpp
A  +   neo/framework/Heap.cpp

This happens after I merged a branch back into trunk, and the branch had
some files moved around. i.e. trunk had local edits on the file, and
branch had an svn move.

I haven't tried to reproduce this on a test repository. Do you think it's
worth investigating, or is this a known issue? I think I noticed some
mails about edits being lost when svn merge'ing moved files. So I suppose
this would be related.

TTimo

Re: commit aborted because of conflict, but status doesn't show conflict state

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Timothee Besset <tt...@idsoftware.com> writes:

> I don't think the file had conflict markers. I didn't explicitely check,
> but the code still compiles .. so I assume there was no conflict. In any
> case I used svn resolve on each of the file in the situation (there were
> several of them, the svn mv operation affected a whole bunch of files).
> And then the svn commit ran with no problem.

Darn.  I really wanted to know if the entry in .svn/entries had a
'conflicted' marker attached.  :-(

Re: commit aborted because of conflict, but status doesn't show conflict state

Posted by Timothee Besset <tt...@idsoftware.com>.
I don't think the file had conflict markers. I didn't explicitely check,
but the code still compiles .. so I assume there was no conflict. In any
case I used svn resolve on each of the file in the situation (there were
several of them, the svn mv operation affected a whole bunch of files).
And then the svn commit ran with no problem.

TTimo

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.