Posted to users@maven.apache.org by guilherme_silveira <gu...@caelum.com.br> on 2007/07/17 23:14:41 UTC

Maven embedder simple example

Hello there,

I have searched both users and dev mailing list archive but could not find a
simple example appart from

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-embedding-m2.html

The problem here is that Configuration, DefaultConfiguration and
DefaultMavenExecutionRequest cannot be found if my pom only includes
maven-core, maven-embedder and maven-project. The example above does not
mention which dependencies should be included for such types (I have tried a
few, 'fishing eye' some of them around)

The found api itself does not contain some of the methods mentioned in such
example. Deprecated tutorial maybe?

Can anyone please point me where to find such dependencies?

Regards

Guilherme

Re: Maven embedder simple example

Posted by guilherme_silveira <gu...@caelum.com.br>.
great, thanks for the reply. answers all my questions

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 17 Jul 07, at 2:14 PM 17 Jul 07, guilherme_silveira wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I have searched both users and dev mailing list archive but could
> not find a
> simple example appart from
>
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-embedding-m2.html
>
> The problem here is that Configuration, DefaultConfiguration and
> DefaultMavenExecutionRequest cannot be found if my pom only includes
> maven-core, maven-embedder and maven-project. The example above
> does not
> mention which dependencies should be included for such types (I
> have tried a
> few, 'fishing eye' some of them around)
>
> The found api itself does not contain some of the methods mentioned
> in such
> example. Deprecated tutorial maybe?
>
> Can anyone please point me where to find such dependencies?

This only works from trunk, and you need to build it yourself. All
IDE integration uses it but it's not for the faint of heart. The
first publicly usable version will be released with 2.1-alpha-1. And
no, I don't know exactly when we will release that.