Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Steven Walters <st...@icidigital.com> on 2015/10/28 16:11:20 UTC

sling-maven-plugin install goal issues

I'm trying to use the sling-maven-plugin install as described at [0].
I'm now encountering a scenario where I can not use the goal to
install a bundle in a particularly desired way.

Previously, this was being used successfully within the environment to
place the bundles under the /apps/install folder within the JCR.
So this was configured in the pom.xml such as
<configuration>
  <slingUrl>${server}/apps/install</slingUrl>
  <usePut>true</usePut>
  <user>${sling.user}</user>
  <password>${sling.pass}</user>
</configuration>
The target system here was a 5.x version of CQ/AEM.

However, we're now upgrading to a newer version of AEM, 6.1, and in
6.1 the functionality does not consistently work.
this is because Adobe has decided that the org.apache.sling.jcr.webdav
bundle should not always be installed.
This bundle appears to be providing the functionality that supports
the usePut = true in sling-maven-plugin, so this effectively makes
usePut = true unable to be utilized reliably any longer.

So on trying to switch to usePut = false, in this mode it seems to be
assuming POSTs to the Felix Web Console. I can not see a way to alter
this assumptive behavior to utilize the SlingPostServlet style of file
uploads such as in [1] to resolve this.

Is there any way to utilize SlingPostServlet within the
sling-maven-plugin to install the bundles?

Thanks,
Steven.

[0] - http://sling.apache.org/site/sling.html#Sling-install
[1] - http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/manipulating-content-the-slingpostservlet-servlets-post.html#file-uploads

Re: sling-maven-plugin install goal issues

Posted by Steven Walters <st...@icidigital.com>.
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:27 AM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:

> Sure, enhancements are always welcome.

Opened a JIRA Ticket on this: SLING-5335
And opened a Github PR for implementing it:
https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/115

Thanks,
Steven

Re: sling-maven-plugin install goal issues

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 28.10.15 um 22:02 schrieb Steven Walters:
> Yes, this was a surprise to find that the plugin for/by Sling would
> ignore basic Sling provided functionalities, in this scenario always
> utilizing/assuming functionality of Felix instead.
>
> Would the developers/maintainers be open to an enhancement to the
> plugin to support this scenario?

Sure, enhancements are always welcome.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: sling-maven-plugin install goal issues

Posted by Steven Walters <st...@icidigital.com>.

Posted by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seifert <ss...@pro-vision.de>.
hello steven.