Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Sharples <ni...@eejits.net> on 2001/12/08 20:22:40 UTC

Standard taglib and XML transformations

Hi,

I've just recently checked out the sources to Standard and been playing with
the xml tags.

I came across a problem when trying to apply parameters to the x:transform
tag with `Illegal Body according to attributes` or some such error.
Eventually I gave up trying to specify the correct parameters and hacked
some of the code in JstlXmlTLV.java, removing the check for bodyIllegal that
always seemed to be set to false. Having done this the tag works fine (or
does what `I` want it to do).

I've not looked too closely at the code which sets this variable so I've not
submitted a patch. However, what I really want to know is should this JSP
code work with the x:transform tag?:

 <x:transform source="$xml" transformer="$transformer">
   <x:param name="pageSize" value="3"/>
 </x:transform>

Cheers,
Nick

Re: Standard taglib and XML transformations

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Nick Sharples wrote:

> I've not looked too closely at the code which sets this variable so I've not
> submitted a patch. However, what I really want to know is should this JSP
> code work with the x:transform tag?:
>
>  <x:transform source="$xml" transformer="$transformer">
>    <x:param name="pageSize" value="3"/>
>  </x:transform>

Yes, it should.  It was being ruled out because of an erroneous assumption
(by me) that the 'source' attribute in <transform> is mutually exclusive
with a body (just like in <parse>).  The <param> tag is, clearly, an
exception to this rule.

I've corrected the problem in the current CVS archive.  Thanks for
pointing it out!

Shawn