Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/15 22:55:57 UTC

Question about decommissioning a node

Hi All,

Is there a document or can anyone explain to me what actually happens during the decommissioning process? What does the name node do?
Also, how much bandwidth does the decommissioning process take? Is there a cap to the maximum bandwidth consumed?

Thanks,
Harold

Re: Question about decommissioning a node

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.
>s the source of transfers always the node being decommissioned?

No. the source of the transfer(s) could be any other node in the cluster.

dhruba

Posted by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Dhruba Borthakur <dh...@gmail.com>.