Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Christian Gilmore <cg...@tivoli.com> on 2002/09/23 18:40:50 UTC

Xalan-1.4 RC2 compilation and Xerces-2.1

I found an issue with Xalan-1.4 RC2 and Xerces-2.1 during compilation. While
it is probably considered a xerces issue, I thought I'd raise it here for
those in the same boat as me. I'm using Sun Forte 7 as my compiler.

Xerces-2.1 creates only one shared library object: libxerces-c.so.21.0.
Xalan-1.4 RC2 requires both libxerces-c.so and libxerces-c.so.21. I created
symlinks for these two to libxerces-c.so.21.0. After creating those
symlinks, the build completed and the xalan binaries ran without error.

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Gilmore
Technology Leader