Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com> on 2008/01/07 11:08:59 UTC

Re: jcr2spi spi2dav supplying username and passsword when connecting to remote Jackrabbit

hi jozef

Jozef Wagner wrote:
> Is it possible to supply username and password when connecting to
> remote WebDAV enabled Jackrabbit?
>
> When I deploy jackrabbit-webapp in Tomcat and when I modify web.xml
> where  uncomment missing-auth-mapping (and change anonymous to
> something else) all goes well and I don't need to supply username or
> password.
>
> However I have problems with deployment on Glassfish V2. It keeps
> throwing repositoryexception with string "unauthorized" whether I
> modified web.xml or not.

is the exception generated from the server or not?
angela

Re: jcr2spi spi2dav supplying username and passsword when connecting to remote Jackrabbit

Posted by Jozef Wagner <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Angela,

I believe it's from server. Exception is thrown from
org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.getRepositoryDescriptors()
where line
method.checkSuccess();
fails

I've also posted another more serious (for me :) ) question into dev
mailing list. It was probably not a good idea as it was probably lost
in other [JIRA] messages, so I'm including it below:

Best,
Jozef

===========================
Hi All,

Problem 1:

org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.WorkspaceManager.execute(ChangeLog changelog)
has try{} finally{} block without catch.
It happened to me that both try and finally block thrown an exception.
Of course exception from try{} was lost, and I got misleaded :)

Problem 2:

I'm trying to create a big (20mb) nt:file node at remote jackrabbit
repository through webdav.

I get "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java
heap space" thrown somewhere from
org.apache.jackrabbit.util.Base64.encode(InputStream in, Writer
writer).

(This exception is then forgot in execute() and I get new exception
about not supplying required jcr:data property :), but that's related
to problem 1)

So, should I just set bigger heap for jvm or current spi2dav prototype
does not support large data? I need to send files as large as 200MB.

Best,
Jozef Wagner