Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/29 16:04:45 UTC

Re: Oozie on the namenode server

[Moving thread to Oozie aliases and hadoop's alias to BCC]

Avi,

Currently you can have a cold standby solution.

An Oozie setup consists of 2 systems, a SQL DB (storing all Oozie jobs
state) and a servlet container (running Oozie proper). You need you DB to be
high available. You need to have a second installation of Oozie configured
identically to the running on stand by. If the running Oozie fails, you
start the second one.

The idea (we once did a prototype using Zookeeper) is to eventually support
a multithreaded Oozie server, that would give both high-availability and
horizontal scalability. Still you'll need a High Available DB.

Thanks.

Alejandro