Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com> on 2013/11/12 17:43:27 UTC

Blog for Accumulo?

Apache hosts blogs for many of its projects. For example:

http://blogs.apache.org/hbase/

Any interest in establishing one for Accumulo?

Bill

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Now that we've had some time to think on it … shall we vote on it? I'm
still a neophyte at this, but it seems that a majority vote is appropriate.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Ah, found this: http://www.apache.org/dev/project-blogs

My preferences:
- anyone can contribute
- the official blog would have multiple authors, whose content is posted on
their behalf by committers
- blog post content is discussed / vetted by the PMC before release (to
some degree)

Googling for "accumulo blog" returns a bunch of blogs out there, but the
"official" one need not compete with them.

Bill

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Ravi Mutyala <ra...@hortonworks.com>.
I like to see an official blog too. It could have cross posting from other
blogs or links to blog posts that we want all users to see.

On a side note, both the MapR on links page are broken. One gives a 404 and
other one takes us to website and not to the blog post.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Bill Havanki <bh...@clouderagovt.com>.
Here are some thoughts:

* Links to individual blog posts could be cross-posted to the official
blog, and I imagine that's a lighter-weight operation than updating the
papers.html page. The official blog could become the one-stop shop for
Accumulo posts, whether local or cross-posted.
* The official blog provides a space for posts that don't make sense on
individual blogs, such as announcing releases and soliciting feedback.
* An official blog would lower the barrier to entry for contributors; they
would not have to stand up their own technical blog if they don't want to.

Re: Blog for Accumulo?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.