Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kurtis Williams <kw...@mshare.net> on 2005/01/29 01:39:27 UTC

MyEclipse Tapestry Support

There's a forum and Poll on the MyEclipse site that is investigating
including Tapestry support in the MyEclipse IDE plugin.  The support
will most likely be the integration of the Spindle plugin into the
MyEclipse platform.

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3828.html

The Poll asks about your tapestry usage.  If enough people respond, they
will be far more likely to include support of Tapestry.

MyEclipse is a widely used J2EE plugin for Eclipse.  Getting Tapestry
support rolled into it would mean a great exposure to a large body of
developers.

I use MyEclipse for their great HTML, XML, and CSS editors, XDoclet
support for Hibernate, their deployment support for almost every app
server out there, and their Database ERD UI tool (complete with
hibernate generation from the diagram.).  It's a great tool and since it
only costs $30, it's well worth it.  It turns Eclipse into a decent J2EE
IDE.

RE: MyEclipse Tapestry Support

Posted by Adam Saltiel <ad...@btinternet.com>.
I agree.
It is important to keep up the momentum with Tapestry, though it is true
that Spindle and MyEclipse can be used together, there maybe work to do
on compatability including, to refer to another thread, possible hot
deploy to Jetty by restarting the servlet context?

Adam

Posted by Cyril Godefroy <cy...@ecomposite.fr>.
I see the need:

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
Umn, Spindle can be used now in MyEclipse. I don't understand the need
to bundle it.

Geoff