Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Wagg <an...@virgin.net> on 2001/10/03 21:15:47 UTC

Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs

Can someone tell me if tomcat supports EJB's, looking through the
documentation I'm still not sure. Is this part of catalina in Tomcat 4
or is there something else.

Thanks,

	AW

Re: Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs

Posted by Brian Richards <nc...@pobox.com>.
Tomcat deosn't try www.jboss.org

-brian

Re: Quick question?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, James Turner wrote:

> Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:14:17 -0400
> From: James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Quick question?
>
> Do you happen to know what directory Turbine tries to load
> TurbineResources.properties from if you specify "." as the path in new
> TurbineConfig?

If it is using file I/O to read the config file (don't have a clue ... ask
the Turbine list) then it will try to resolve this against the current
working directory of the servlet container.  In other words, this will
vary depending on which container (and which version of the container) you
are using.  It also depends on whether you used the standard startup
scripts or not, and whether you had the TOMCAT_HOME or CATALINA_HOME
environment variable preset or not .......

Webapps that want to be portable should read config files using
ServletContext.getResource() instead.

> Thanks,
> James

Craig McClanahan

Quick question?

Re: Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Andy Wagg wrote:

> Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 20:15:47 +0100
> From: Andy Wagg <an...@virgin.net>
> To: tomcat <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs
>
> Can someone tell me if tomcat supports EJB's, looking through the
> documentation I'm still not sure. Is this part of catalina in Tomcat 4
> or is there something else.

Tomcat does not support EJBs itself.  However, it has been integrated into
other servers that do -- for example, Tomcat is the web server inside the
J2EE Reference Implementation from Sun, and it's also been integrated into
JBoss.

> Thanks,
>
> 	AW

Craig

Re: Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
>From jboss-user there is a slight bug in the 2.4.2 release relating to
JBossMQ on win32, there is a 2.4.3 release to fix this.

Re: JNDI Properties for servlets

Posted by "Mykola A. Nickishov" <mn...@mn.com.ua>.
Do you find the solution?

--
JUG Kiev @ http://www.jug.kiev.ua/
ICQ #83060237

JNDI Properties for servlets

Posted by Brent Denver <bc...@yahoo.com>.
Where can I place the jndi.properties (or any
properties file for that matter) so a servlet will
pick it up . I've got Tomcat 4.0 installed using JDK
1.3.1 on Windows 2000 Professional. I have deployed
the Servlet in a jar and placed it in the
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/lib directory. I
also placed the jndi.properties file in that same jar.
I can post to the servlet, but the properties are not
being picked up. What the hell am I doing wrong. It
works when I hard code the properties via
System.setProperty() in the servlet.

Thanks for any help.

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

Re: Newbie: Tomcat & EJBs