Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Martinez Sanchez, Juan Pablo (Carver)" <sm...@gedas.es> on 2005/03/07 18:14:11 UTC

standalone

Hello all,

I am using the xerces C++ library in order to generate XML files. The
question is that a standalone tag is generated in the files, for example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>

And I do not know why, I have tried to remove this attribute because we do
not need it but I have been unable to achieve it,

Any Idea,

Thanks a lot,

Juan Pablo Martinez.

P.D.: The code I am using to create the DOMDocument is:
            XMLCh tempStr[100];
            XMLString::transcode("LS", tempStr, 99);
            DOMImplementation *impl          =
DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(tempStr);
            doc = impl->createDocument( 0,             /* root element
namespace URI */
                                                        X("ACTION"),    /*
root element name */
                                                        0);           /*
document type object (DTD) */

El correo corporativo de gedas iberia est� protegido por
Antigen de Sybari Software.
Todo el correo se escanea con seis motores de antivirus de
diferentes fabricantes de forma simult�nea, multiplicando
la protecci�n del sistema.
Para m�s informaci�n, e-security@gedas.es y www.sybari.com.

DISCLAIMER: Este mensaje contiene informaci�n propietaria
de la cual parte o toda puede contener informaci�n confidencial
o protegida legalmente. Esta exclusivamente destinado al
usuario de destino.
Si, por un error de envio o transmisi�n, ha recibido este mensaje
y usted no es el destinatario del mismo, por favor, notifique
de este hecho al remitente.
Si no es el destinatario final de este mensaje no debe usar,
informar, distribuir, imprimir, copiar o difundir este mensaje
bajo ning�n medio.

---------

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains propietary information some
or all of which may be legally protected. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or relay this e-mail.

Re: standalone

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
Hi Juan Pablo,

At 18.14 07/03/2005 +0100, Martinez Sanchez, Juan Pablo (Carver) wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am using the xerces C++ library in order to generate XML files. The
>question is that a standalone tag is generated in the files, for example:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
>
>And I do not know why, I have tried to remove this attribute because we do
>not need it but I have been unable to achieve it,
>[...]
>P.D.: The code I am using to create the DOMDocument is:
>             XMLCh tempStr[100];
>             XMLString::transcode("LS", tempStr, 99);
>             DOMImplementation *impl          =
> DOMImplementationRegistry::getDOMImplementation(tempStr);
>             doc = impl->createDocument( 0,             /* root element
> namespace URI */
>                                                         X("ACTION"),
> /* root element name */
>                                                         0);           /*
> document type object (DTD) */

I guess you are using DOMWriter to serialize the document; in this case you
can only choose to print the <?xml header or not, but if you print it, you
will have the "standalone" attribute (whose default value is "no").
If you need to have standalone="yes" printed, you can invoke
doc->setStandalone(true).
For a description of what the attribute means, see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-rmd

Hope this helps,
Alberto