Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org> on 2020/06/14 18:20:05 UTC

Drive shortcut on desktop

Hello all,
We’ve received a request in our Guacamole setup to have the user’s mapped drive (we’ve configured for each connection a drive for users to store personal stuff that gets mounted as a drive Z for the RDP connections) as a shortcut on the desktop.
I have no idea how would I be able to do this, given not all connections use such a drive.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Re: Drive shortcut on desktop

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
By the way, a nice trick is to create a shortcut to the special "Download"
folder of the Guacamole drive, such that it's included within the Windows
Explorer "Send To" option:

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/customize-the-windows-vista-send-to-menu/

You can then easily download files by right-clicking and selecting "Send
To" -> "Download".

- Mike

Posted by Stefan Bogdan Cimpeanu <bo...@cimpeanu.org>.
Hi Nick,
\\tsclient\Z <smb://tsclient/Z> in my case as shortcut is good enough.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.