Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Petrus Hyvönen <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/09 10:46:52 UTC

Fwd: [Orekit Developers] Distribution of orekit-python "egg"

Hi JCC developers,

As this discussion could be of potential interest of others who makes python
modules using jcc I cross post it.

I am really not experienced in the licensing issues of open source, closed
source etc.

A JCC generated external java library .egg, do contain some JCC code, is
there something I need to do to ensure that the JCC license is fulfilled?

In my case the wrapped library is also in apache, so I guess it should not
be an issue to put the egg under apache?

Regads
/Petrus

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Petrus Hyvönen wrote:

> As this discussion could be of potential interest of others who makes python
> modules using jcc I cross post it.
>
> I am really not experienced in the licensing issues of open source, closed
> source etc.
>
> A JCC generated external java library .egg, do contain some JCC code, is
> there something I need to do to ensure that the JCC license is fulfilled?
>
> In my case the wrapped library is also in apache, so I guess it should not
> be an issue to put the egg under apache?

As the licenses are the same can't imagine an issue here.

In the LICENSE file - or is that the NOTICE file - of your distribution, you
should include a copy of the Apache2 license for JCC.

That being said, I am not a lawyer...

Giving attribution to Apache JCC is always appreciated, though.

Thanks !

Andi..