Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ard <ar...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/09 21:54:02 UTC

drawImage method for images in svg format

Just discovered this nice resource. Although still reading through the posts
here, thought I'd post my question anyway.

I'm interested in rendering images from multiple svg files simultaneously at
certain locations/scalings on the screen.

Is there an easy way to draw the contents of multiple svg files in Rectangles
(x,y,width,height) in the coordinates of a JSVGCanvas or JSVGViewerFrame? I have
in mind something similar to the Graphics2D method drawImage(image, x, y, w, h,
imageobserver).

Or is it necessary to use a new JSVGCanvas as a component of the main JFrame
window for each small image rendered on the screen from a file?

Re: drawImage method for images in svg format

Posted by ard <ar...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for the helpful response!

Re: drawImage method for images in svg format

Posted by DeWeese Thomas <th...@gmail.com>.
I would create a top-level document and reference the other documents with the
SVG 'image' element.  The other documents will (assuming they have viewBox
information) be scaled appropriately to the x/y/width/height on the image element.

Thomas