Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hoying, Ken" <KH...@tiaa-cref.org> on 2005/08/08 17:32:11 UTC

server-config.wsdd

Currently, we have a simple web service that uses RPC/encoded with Java clients calling our web service.

We now need to also support .NET clients.  Our MS development team has requested that we support document/literal.

My question is, do I have to have two different service names to now support both of these or can I have just one and use the allowed methods to filter out which is which.  For example:

 <service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC">
  <requestFlow>
    <handler type="myHandler"/>
  </requestFlow>

  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="myJavaMethod"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="org.tiaa.dsv.axis.DSV"/>
 </service>

 <service name="MyService" provider="java:RPC" style="document" use="literal">
  <requestFlow>
    <handler type="myHandler"/>
  </requestFlow>

  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="myNetMethod"/>
  <parameter name="className" value="org.tiaa.dsv.axis.DSV"/>
 </service>

I am very new to all of this.  I am also wondering what the difference in the providers java:RPC and java:MSG and which I should be using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ken Hoying

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.  You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.
TIAA-CREF

Re: server-config.wsdd

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I believe you need two different service names. You want to use the
java:RPC provider for both services. The java:RPC provider
automatically does the XML to java mapping for you. You only use the
java:MSG provider if you intend to process the SOAP message (as XML)
programmatically.

Anne