Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Konrad Bernstein <be...@gmx.net> on 2011/05/11 11:52:38 UTC

Execute a plugin after execution of another plugin

Hi,

I want to execute a plugin after execution of another plugin (goal).
More concrete: I need to patch the eclipse file '.classpath' each time "mvn eclipse:eclipse" has been called.
So I can't bind execution to a phase.

Thanks in advance,

Konrad

Re: Execute a plugin after execution of another plugin

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
The only way to do that would be to specify the other plugin's execution
right after eclipse:eclipse on the command line. For example:

mvn eclipse:eclipse myplugin:patch

I guess the easiest thing would be to write a script that you use for this.

/Anders

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I have a sneaky feeling that the plugin does not understand about how the
reactor works... which would leave you no better off than using the
maven-invoker-plugin on your own pom with an invoker.properties to define
what needs to get invoked (and at least that's an official plugin)

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I get worried only reading the first page and their example project where
they have a dependency to the maven-antrun-plugin declared. That is so
wrong...

/Anders

Posted by Eike Kettner <ne...@eknet.org>.
Hi