Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/18 18:32:04 UTC

Problems with svn blame -g

Using my sample merge tracking repository that is used in the svn log -g tests:

$ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/index.html

Works OK.

$ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/index.html
svn: Can't open file '/tmp/tmp.2.tmp': No such file or directory

$ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/roadmap.html
Bus error

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Problems with svn blame -g

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > This still crashes for me on OSX.  I have not tried it on Windows.
> >
> > Hmm, I don't have any problems on Linux.  Do you know where it crashes?
>
> It also crashes on Windows, this is what JavaHL reports.  I thought
> the command line had a new crash reporter?  I wonder how I could use
> that to get you a stack trace?

I figured out how to get the new crash handler on Windows working.  I
am attaching the two files it produces.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Problems with svn blame -g

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/07, Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Mark Phippard wrote:

> >> Fixed in r26207.
> >
> > It now runs to completion, but I see user "merger" from r12 in the
> > output which implies there is a bug of some sort.  I think this was a
> > case where branchA was merged to branchB in r12 and then to trunk
> > later.  So maybe it did not follow the merge back to its source?
>
> Oh, good point.  Instead of just two possible states a particular
> revision can be in (merged and non-merged), we really have three
> possible states.  The revision could be a merged revision with content
> changes, a merged revision which is also a merging revision, and a
> non-merged/non-merging revision.
>
> If the revision is a merging revision, we don't want it to show up as a
> revision which changed content, even if it is also a merging revision.
> I'll need to think about this for a minute...

One thing that is interesting about this file is that the blame -g
does show one line as r11.  It makes me wonder if I made some small
change in r12 as part of resolving the merge?

> >> Fixed in r26211.
> >
> > This still crashes for me on OSX.  I have not tried it on Windows.
>
> Hmm, I don't have any problems on Linux.  Do you know where it crashes?

It also crashes on Windows, this is what JavaHL reports.  I thought
the command line had a new crash reporter?  I wonder how I could use
that to get you a stack trace?

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x08163ce0, pid=5680, tid=5000
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.6.0_01-b06 mixed mode, sharing)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libsvn_client-1.dll+0x3ce0]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as hs_err_pid5680.log

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: Problems with svn blame -g

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> On 8/20/07, Hyrum K. Wright <hy...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>> Mark Phippard wrote:
>>> Using my sample merge tracking repository that is used in the svn log -g tests:
>>>
>>> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/index.html
>>>
>>> Works OK.
>>>
>>> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/index.html
>>> svn: Can't open file '/tmp/tmp.2.tmp': No such file or directory
>> Fixed in r26207.
>
> It now runs to completion, but I see user "merger" from r12 in the
> output which implies there is a bug of some sort.  I think this was a
> case where branchA was merged to branchB in r12 and then to trunk
> later.  So maybe it did not follow the merge back to its source?

Oh, good point.  Instead of just two possible states a particular
revision can be in (merged and non-merged), we really have three
possible states.  The revision could be a merged revision with content
changes, a merged revision which is also a merging revision, and a
non-merged/non-merging revision.

If the revision is a merging revision, we don't want it to show up as a
revision which changed content, even if it is also a merging revision.
I'll need to think about this for a minute...

>>> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/roadmap.html
>>> Bus error
>> Fixed in r26211.
>
> This still crashes for me on OSX.  I have not tried it on Windows.

Hmm, I don't have any problems on Linux.  Do you know where it crashes?

-Hyrum

Re: Problems with svn blame -g

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Problems with svn blame -g

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
Mark Phippard wrote:
> Using my sample merge tracking repository that is used in the svn log -g tests:
>
> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/index.html
>
> Works OK.
>
> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/index.html
> svn: Can't open file '/tmp/tmp.2.tmp': No such file or directory

Fixed in r26207.

> $ svn blame -g file:///Users/mphippard/repositories/merge-tracking/trunk/products/roadmap.html
> Bus error

Fixed in r26211.

Thanks for testing!

-Hyrum