Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ken Bowen <kb...@als.com> on 2008/08/06 21:50:04 UTC

[??-FIXED: Yes, but]SEVERE: Error listenerStart -- without entering the listener

Mark,

Somewhat odd.  I've been slowly reworking the app (significant
rebuilding) for a couple of months, and have routinely been
seeing that log4j complaint, although everything was working ok  -- so
of course I wasn't even seeing the complaint anymore,
expecting that everything would clean up as I worked my way through
the app.

A base class that the listener extends contained
	private Log log = LogFactory.getLog(BaseAction.class);
and one call on log.  Commenting these out seems to allow the listener
to run (again).  I can see how it might produce the
behavior I was seeing today.  But then I don't see how it was working
for the past couple of months.

Sigh....math & computing are supposed to be deterministic, but that's
relative to what I can wrap my head around.  LaGrange thought he could
compute the position of everything for all time, but then he never got
around to carrying out the computations.

Thanks for putting me on the right path,
--Ken