Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by John Hjelmstad <fa...@google.com> on 2008/09/17 01:42:46 UTC

JSONP for /gadgets/metadata?

I've recently been talking with a few parties who are interested in using
/gadgets/metadata functionality via JSONP. It's understood that use of the
API this way would be somewhat limited due to URL length restrictions, but
that seems reasonable since most use cases involve retrieval of metadata for
a single gadget.
This seemed reasonable to me since gadgets themselves contain no sensitive
information. The biggest con I had in mind is that callers would need to be
careful about what UserPrefs (et al) they send as a GET.

I'm happy to do the implementation myself, but wanted to air this idea with
the list in case I'm missing something key.

Proposed impl:
/gadgets/metadata?req=<url-encoded-equivalent-of-POST>&callback=<arg.matches([a-zA-Z\.]+)>

Thoughts?
--John

Re: JSONP for /gadgets/metadata?

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
I'm def. +1 on the concept, the meta data service is used by & very useful
for quite a few parties, making it more documented will only increase this.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.