Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Amélie <am...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/10/28 18:07:41 UTC

Defining file mode when unpacking dependencies with assembly-plugin

Hi,

I am using assembly-plugin to create a tar.gz assembly.
I have a .tgz dependency which I need to unpack to create the assembly.
Here is how my assembly descriptor looks like:

      <dependencySet>
         <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
         <includes>
            <include>*tgz</include>
         </includes>
         <unpack>true</unpack>
      </dependencySet>

But in the dependency .tgz, there are some files with execution rights
(744).
I would like to keep the rights on these files in the generated assembly.
By default, I get files with 444 rights.

I tried to add a fileMode element like this:

      <dependencySet>
         <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
         <includes>
            <include>*tgz</include>
         </includes>
         <unpack>true</unpack>
         <fileMode>0744</fileMode>
      </dependencySet>

It seems it is not taken into account (seems to apply to the dependency
itself, not the files that are unpacked from the dependency).

I considered defining the fileMode in the unpackOptions, but unpackOptions
does not provide ability to define the fileMode...
I would expect something like:

      <dependencySet>
         <outputDirectory>/</outputDirectory>
         <includes>
            <include>*tgz</include>
         </includes>
         <unpack>true</unpack>
         <unpackOptions>
            <fileMode>0744</fileMode>
         </unpackOptions>
      </dependencySet>

Is this a missing functionality of unpackOptions?
Or is there any other way of doing this, and am I missing something?

Thanks,

Amélie