Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by David P Grove <gr...@us.ibm.com> on 2022/05/13 21:21:33 UTC

openwhisk-runtime release wave

It’s been about 9 months since we did the last wave of openwhisk-runtime releases.  I would like to attempt to get a release of all the runtimes out this month, picking up new versions of the base languages and misc other fixes.

As usual, we’ll start with openwhisk-runtime-go, then the actionloop-based runtimes that depend on it.

If anyone is a Ruby expert, we have an issue in that openwhisk-runtime-ruby is based on Ruby 2.5 and 2.6, both of which are EOL.  We really need to move to at least 2.7 (no idea how easy or hard this would be; it’s been 10 years since I’ve written an Ruby code…so not something I’m comfortable attempting).

--dave