Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Riaz <br...@mum.edu> on 2007/11/05 23:18:03 UTC

Heap out of memory error

Hi all,

I have web apps using the following:
JDK 1.5
Tomcat 6
SQL Server 2000
Windows 2000 server

>From time to time I have come across this error in the Tomcat logs:

I understand the default heap size is 64M, and that it is possibe to
configure Tomcat with a larger heap size. Would any one know how this is
done? The instructions I've found on the web so far have not been helpful.

Thanks.

-bob

RE: Heap out of memory error

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Bob Riaz [mailto:briaz@mum.edu]
> Subject: Heap out of memory error
>
> From time to time I have come across this error in the Tomcat logs:

If you're running Tomcat as a Windows service, use the tomcat6w.exe
program to set initial and maximum heap sizes.  If you're not running as
a service, set JAVA_OPTS to include the -Xms and -Xmx parameters.

And when you need something to put yourself to sleep, browse through
this:
http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/hotspot/gc/index.jsp

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.