Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Jan Goyvaerts (jgoyvaer)" <jg...@cisco.com> on 2002/11/04 17:23:09 UTC

Jetspeed cache hints

Hello everybody,

I am looking for ways to speed up our Jetspeed portal by configuring the
different caches Jetspeed/Turbine/Torque offers. Unfortunately the
configuration guide does not contain any information about this yet
("This section is incomplete").

For example we have a portlet that should refresh its content every 15
minutes - because it makes no sense to load it with every request since
the source also refreshes every 15 minutes. Putting this into a cache
would speed it up I suppose. The question is : where can I mention the
refresh/cache parameters ?

Does somebody know where I can find documentation about caching Jetspeed
? Types, parameters, tuning, etc...

Thank you !

Best Regards,

Jan.

RE: Jetspeed cache hints

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Jan,

See "Portlet Cache" section in JetspeedResources.properties for global
portlet cache settings or
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/portlet_config_common.html for
individual portlet cache settings ("_TimeToLive").

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.
e-Mail: mark_orciuch@ngsltd.com