Posted to general@commons.apache.org by Scott Sanders <sa...@apache.org> on 2002/10/25 00:49:02 UTC

Using Forrest for the commons website?

It is being proposed to use Forrest for the incubator website, and I would like to propose that we use Forrest for the commons website, at least until SourceCast materializes, or possibly to help with the look and feel of SourceCast.

If so, I would be happy to get it started.

This is copied from Nicola's email on the reorg list.

Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:02:22 +0200
From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>
To: reorg@apache.org
Subject: Re: Incubator progress

[[snipped]]

Main page for starters http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/apache-incubator/build/site/

The sources are in http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/apache-incubator/

To learn how to build it with Forrest http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html

--
Scott Sanders - sanders@apache.org

Re: Using Forrest for the commons website?

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Scott Sanders wrote:
> It is being proposed to use Forrest for the incubator website,
 > and I would like to propose that we use Forrest for the commons
 > website, at least until SourceCast materializes, or possibly to
 >  help with the look and feel of SourceCast.

Just a note: Forrest uses skins, so it will be really easy to redefine
the skin later.

There is a skin similar to Tigris style that is used on Avalon, and is
now in the Forrest repo as "avalon-tigris".

Personally I prefer the forrest skin

   http://xml.apache.org/forrest/

but we can also use these styles.

   http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon/
   http://www.krysalis.org/

> If so, I would be happy to get it started.

COOL! :-D

If there are any questions, you'll find people on the
forrest-dev@xml.apache.org list *hungry* to help you!

Last question we replied in three, and that guy couldn't understand who
to thank anymore ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Using Forrest for the commons website?

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 03:49:02PM -0700, Scott Sanders wrote:
> It is being proposed to use Forrest for the incubator website, and I would like to propose that we use Forrest for the commons website, at least until SourceCast materializes, or possibly to help with the look and feel of SourceCast.
>
> If so, I would be happy to get it started.

Cool!

> Main page for starters http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/apache-incubator/build/site/

I had no idea what Forrest was before looking at this, but I have to say
that it looks nice.

> The sources are in http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/apache-incubator/

[offtopic] someone should set the mime type on .xml files to be text/plain

-aaron

Re: Using Forrest for the commons website?

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:49, Scott Sanders wrote:
> It is being proposed to use Forrest for the incubator website, and I would
> like to propose that we use Forrest for the commons website, at least until
> SourceCast materializes, or possibly to help with the look and feel of
> SourceCast.
>
> If so, I would be happy to get it started.

If you are happy to put in the work then I think it would be absolutely
fantastic. I don't really care what technology is used. One thing I do ask is
that make sure you make it possible for mere mortals to add content.

> This is copied from Nicola's email on the reorg list.
>

> Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 02:02:22 +0200
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>
> To: reorg@apache.org
> Subject: Re: Incubator progress