Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Patrick Huy <Pa...@Frz.cc> on 2008/05/21 22:14:55 UTC

iBatis Eclipse Plugin - Spring IDE Dependency

Hi,

as I posted earlier we are currently working on an eclipse plugin to aid working with iBatis.

We are facing the problem that we will have to introduce a depenency to SpringIDE in order to effectively implement the features we want.
The main reason for this is that the wst xml editor does not (cleanly) support adding custom information based on the current context. Also getting standard jdt completion proposals without a compilation unit seems to be impossible (springide creates a compilation unit and calls content complete on it to obtain proposals)
SpringIDE offers easily extendable classes for these functionality.

Would such a depency be acceptable?

And to stop talking about imaginary plugins:
Here is a little preview:
Screenshots:
http://frz.cc/ibatis/classComplete.png
http://frz.cc/ibatis/contextCompleteExtend.png

Alpha/Preview plugin:
http://frz.cc/ibatis/de.hfu.eclibatis.mappings.editor_0.5.0.200805212058.jar
Note that it has not received much testing but should work. It is however in no way to be considered stable.
Depends on SpringIDE http://www.springide.org
And WST http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/ (both 2.0.2 and 3.0RC1 were tested and seem to work)

Best Regards

--
Patrick Huy <Pa...@Frz.cc>

Re: iBatis Eclipse Plugin - Spring IDE Dependency

Posted by Kai Grabfelder <no...@kinokai.de>.
Hi Patrick,

the screenshots look really cool! I'm working for the sponsor of this project and we want to contribute the
plugin (once it has a decent quality and featureset) to the ibatis community.

@devs: do you think that it would fit into the ibator project?

Regards

Kai

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
My opinion is that it is your plugin and you can develop it in any way that
you choose.  But, I generally think that fewer dependencies are better (in
keeping with the spirit of iBATIS).

BTW - the screenshots look very nice.

Jeff Butler