Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be> on 2005/01/12 10:53:45 UTC

component with unknown component in it

Hi,

I'm using tapestry for creating a sort of CMS.
I'm planning on storing as much as possible on a Database.
The content for example (written with an online editor), will be stored in the
database as html.

But how can I make it possible to insert a link to
another page (inside the html that is stored on the database)?

I will explain it with an easier example: In my home.html i have <span
jwcid='thehomehtml'> # </span>
This will put some html (by using the getter) into the website.
If there is a link inside this html (Directlink), it must be
rendered just as if I gave it in the Home.html.
What I now get in the html source is this: Back to <a jwcid='@DirectLink'
page='Home'>Home</a>. An unclickable link let say...

I don't know how I can handle it. I believe the solution must be very easy
(maybe just a simple rewind of the request cycle? or a block?).

Greetz

Re: component with unknown component in it

Posted by Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be>.
On Wednesday 12 January 2005 13:24, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> You will need to pre-process the HTML,

IC

> identify links to different
> pages, and generate HTML for those  links in code, by accessing the
> same Tapestry engine services the PageLink, DirectLink, ExternalLink,
> etc. components use.

Can you be a bit more specific?
Is this difficult to do? We are using our own online editor, maybe a different
storage would make it easier?

Thx for the fast reply !

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:53:45 +0100, Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be>
wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using tapestry for creating a sort of CMS.
> > I'm planning on storing as much as possible on a Database.
> > The content for example (written with an online editor), will be stored
> > in the database as html.
> >
> > But how can I make it possible to insert a link to
> > another page (inside the html that is stored on the database)?
> >
> > I will explain it with an easier example: In my home.html i have <span
> > jwcid='thehomehtml'> # </span>
> > This will put some html (by using the getter) into the website.
> > If there is a link inside this html (Directlink), it must be
> > rendered just as if I gave it in the Home.html.
> > What I now get in the html source is this: Back to <a jwcid='@DirectLink'
> > page='Home'>Home</a>. An unclickable link let say...
> >
> > I don't know how I can handle it. I believe the solution must be very
> > easy (maybe just a simple rewind of the request cycle? or a block?).
> >
> > Greetz

Koen Segers

<ko...@scarlet.be>
<http://eddyvite.dyndns.org>

Re: component with unknown component in it

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
You will need to pre-process the HTML, identify links to different
pages, and generate HTML for those  links in code, by accessing the
same Tapestry engine services the PageLink, DirectLink, ExternalLink,
etc. components use.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:53:45 +0100, Koen Segers <Ko...@scarlet.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using tapestry for creating a sort of CMS.
> I'm planning on storing as much as possible on a Database.
> The content for example (written with an online editor), will be stored in the
> database as html.
>
> But how can I make it possible to insert a link to
> another page (inside the html that is stored on the database)?
>
> I will explain it with an easier example: In my home.html i have <span
> jwcid='thehomehtml'> # </span>
> This will put some html (by using the getter) into the website.
> If there is a link inside this html (Directlink), it must be
> rendered just as if I gave it in the Home.html.
> What I now get in the html source is this: Back to <a jwcid='@DirectLink'
> page='Home'>Home</a>. An unclickable link let say...
>
> I don't know how I can handle it. I believe the solution must be very easy
> (maybe just a simple rewind of the request cycle? or a block?).
>
> Greetz

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind