Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Schmitt <ro...@gmx.de> on 2011/10/26 14:08:32 UTC

How to configure Tomcat 7 manager webapp into an subpath?

I have configure the tomcat webroot outside of the tomcat directory.
But then the tomcat managment application isn't accessible any more.
I have then tried to create an subcontext /manager which should allow access to the manager application. But localhost/manager doesn't show any content.

How can i configure an subcontext just for accessing the manager application?

I have configured two contextes under:
Tomcat7\conf\catalina\localhost

ROOT.XML:
<Context path="" docBase="D:/webroot/" cookies="false" reloadable="false" allowLinking="false" caseSensitive="true" unpackWAR="false" useNaming="false">
</Context>

manager.xml
<Context path="/manager" docBase="D:\Programs\Tomcat 7\webapps\manager">
</Context>

Roland

Re: How to configure Tomcat 7 manager webapp into an subpath?

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Roland Schmitt wrote:
> Yes the comment markers are removed.
> And i have also restarted the tomcat after updating xml files.

We believe only what we see with our own eyes. ;-)

Copy and paste the contents of the file here, so that we can have a look.
(overwrite the passwords of course)

repeat : do not send the file as an attachment, the list strips them.  Copy and paste into
the message to the list.

Re: RE: How to configure Tomcat 7 manager webapp into an subpath?

Posted by Roland Schmitt <ro...@gmx.de>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Roland Schmitt <ro...@gmx.de>.
Thanks now localhost/manager redirects to the manager app.
But after typing in username + password the access to the manager app doesnt't work i get the 401 authorization required page.

The user is added in the tomcat7\conf\tomcat-users.xml

<role rolename="manager-gui"/>
<user username="test" password="test" roles="manager-gui"/>

best regards
Roland

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.