Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by al...@galactica.ru on 2005/04/02 19:45:57 UTC

Re: Information about Tapestry is needed

Hi T.n.a.!

Sorry for the delay, I am travelling right now, and thank you for your reply.

> I don't understand, Alexander: how did you choose your topic if you need
> a basic introduction to it?

Well, it works in my university like this: we are proposed a list of topics from which we can choose what we are interested in. I am quite aware of what does the work with "raw" servlets involves and I am naturally looking for some more efficient approach. So I took a dozen of topics which looked to me the most promising and started googling them out, which glorious name means what. This is how I came to Tapestry and right now it looks like exactly what I want to deal with. I don't see any problem in the fact that I am brand new to the topic - I am a strong learner and if I devote myself to a topic, it won't withstand :)

However I am really confused by the requirement to produce some proposal right now, in the very beginning, as if I was already an expert.

> What do you plan to focus on in the scope of your thesis? Tapestry in
> general, some aspect of it, a comparison against the competition, or
> something else?

Right now I think I will build some typical web application having the features of an enterprise application. And I will see how it can be done with the help of Tapestry, compared to the "raw servlet" implementation. And maybe compared to Struts implementation. And I will try to single out those features which are specific for Tapestry, both good and bad. Something like this.

> I'm bursting with questions as I'm having some difficulty setting the
> boundaries of my own MSc thesis. I'm obviously curios to hear how it's
> done elsewhere. :)

So I think it will be useful for us both to exchange with views and ideas. Thank you very much for the links!

Alexander